cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Broadband usage

I have found that there are discrepancies in the amount of broadband used.  Despite not using my broadband differently, I am, according to the monitor using a higher percentage of my allowance.  Halfway through this month, I have realised that on the other side of our fence there is the BT box and I can connect to the hotspot for free and have used that some of the time.  What really is annoying is the constant presence of the message from BT that says, based on my usage, they recommend changing to unlimited broadband.  My usage to 30 May is 7.03 GB - so they think that although I have used 7.03 GB in 30 days, I am suddenly going to use 3 GB in one day.  It all seems like a ploy to con customers into going to a different package.  On the 1st of this month I received the same message.  Why?  The usage monitor should have been reset.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband usage

The hotspot is not in the Openreach street cabinet the hotspot is provided by your own BT Home Hub just like all other home hubs
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband usage

what do you mean by a 'BT Box' on other side of the fence?  if you mean a green street cabinet then there is no wifi signal from a street cabinet   more likely a neighbour's hub BTWIFI signal

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings