cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 10

Broadband usage

Can anybody tell me how I can find out my broadand usage for the month?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Broadband usage

http://www.bt.com/broadbandusagemonitor

Unless you are on an unlimited package.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 10

Hi 2 Keiths, It's not just the Unlimited package that doesn't show usage figures I'm on Infinity 1 with 40gb a month, for ages now all I have seen when I check my usage is ↓  ↓ in red lettering.

"Sorry, the usage monitor is currently unavailable for a small number of customers. We understand how important it is to monitor usage, and as you're not able to view the usage monitor we will not charge you for going over your usage allowance this month. You don't need to do anything, we'll take care of that."

I would rather know, with regular updates, what I am using instead of checking one day to find the monitor is working again and finding out I am already over the 40gb.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 10

EDIT: My usage monitor now says "The usage monitor is currently undergoing maintenance. Please try again later." again in red lettering, strange how the wording has changed the day after I post a message about it!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 10

@derek918 wrote:

EDIT: My usage monitor now says "The usage monitor is currently undergoing maintenance. Please try again later." again in red lettering, strange how the wording has changed the day after I post a message about it!

This change is significant. It means that you are likely to be charged now if you go over your limit.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 10

@derek918 wrote:

EDIT: My usage monitor now says "The usage monitor is currently undergoing maintenance. Please try again later."

I am getting this message as well, though only a few days ago it was working OK.  Is there any way of knowing if it really is under maintenance or has it gone pear shaped again and is just displaying that message as an error - yet again?

Edit at 1550:

It has returned to normal again, so maybe it really was under maintenance.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 10

@A1944 wrote:

@derek918 wrote:

EDIT: My usage monitor now says "The usage monitor is currently undergoing maintenance. Please try again later."

I am getting this message as well, though only a few days ago it was working OK.  Is there any way of knowing if it really is under maintenance or has it gone pear shaped again and is just displaying that message as an error - yet again?

Edit at 1550:

May be it was under maintenance. I wonder what was being corrected as the system seems to have seized the opportunity to count my usage for 3 October twice. Which is a pity as I was quite busy that day!

Michael
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 10

@A1944 wrote:
Edit at 1550:

Today I am finding that I am getting the maintenance message but then, having it on screen, if I refresh the browser a few times (F5 with Firefox in my case), it often then comes to life and gives me the usage reading.  Weird!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 10

@A1944 wrote:
@A1944 wrote:
Edit at 1550:

Today I am finding that I am getting the maintenance message but then, having it on screen, if I refresh the browser a few times (F5 with Firefox in my case), it often then comes to life and gives me the usage reading.  Weird!

Maintenance message for me this morning; and it doesn't display if I refresh (which is faintly reassuring).

Michael
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 10

...and, of course, now displaying usage again.
Michael
0 Ratings