cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KV1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 29

Re: Broadband usage

I also feel I should point out I have been unable to post on this forum since yesterday afternoon because the verification email for changing my email took eight hours to come through. I have resubmitted my email without the incident number in the title but in the body of the email instead since that it what it seemed to be hung up on but would now like confirmation it has been received, will be read and will be taken seriously.

This needs to be said - this experience of trying to deal with this matter has been abominable. Your phones have cut me off, the people I finally spoke to couldn't or wouldn't help, your email system rejects my emails despite them coming from the correct account and then I am prevented from even posting on your forum by an extraordinarily slow verification. The last week has taken a content and loyal customer of more than ten years and left her stressed, upset, angry and seriously considering leaving your organisation and heartily not recommending you to everyone she knows. That isn't what I would call good customer service.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 29

Remember, this is only a customer to customer help forum, the only people that can help are the BT forum moderators.

They do not read all messages.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 23 of 29

Hi @KV1,

I'm really sorry you're having so many problems. I've checked our queue and can see your new email. I've dropped @NeilO a message to let him know you've replied and he'll be in touch soon.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Jen757257
Beginner
Message 24 of 29

Hi,

I've got this issue too. What to I need to do?

Thanks

0 Ratings
SueH111
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 29

I really cannot tell you what to do Jen757257. I have an reference number but heard nothing and now, to cap it all, I have just had a warning email saying that I have used 38.3 GB out my total sept allowance of 45GB, I have bought a new smart hub and have a new key so I can solve the problem. Getting pi**** off with this as I feel like KV1, that there is no one taking this seriously and no way of solving the problem. Probably going to return to sky if things do not get sorted. I am not going to pay for unlimited as I know I am not using anywhere near the amount of data that I am being charged for. Think all the BT meters are faulty!!
0 Ratings
familyjack
Beginner
Message 26 of 29

Hi all, as I'd registered a complaint - objecting to paying for something we haven't done (as well as seeking answers through this forum) I've had several calls, all saying the same thing, I have to pay and can they close the complaint now - which I wasn't keen to do as that doesn't give me answers. The last call was apparently from a supervisor who accepted that the usage was way over normal use and had apparently requested a report to look more closely into it. I'm told the report basically showed that all the usage had come through my home hub which apparently shows that either we've used it (no way!) or someone has obtained the access number displayed on the hub and used that to gain access. Well, I'm not sure how they could have done that given where it is - but I can't, "hand on heart" say it's not possible. unlikely - but not impossible. so it looks like (unless the moderator(s) can find something) that we'll be around £40 worse off after August. It is immensely frustrating but I just feel like I'm banging my head against a (virtual) wall! So my hopes now reside with the moderators (not heard from you yet by the way?).

NB -I can't afford for this to happen again, so have opted for the "unlimited" package (maybe "teabag lady" was right!). Hope you're all having better luck !

0 Ratings
SueH111
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 29

Familyjack - you will now not be able to see your usage but go into your hub manager ( my number started 192. ) If you then go into advanced settings and devices you can see how many GB your devices are using. You can also check that only your devices are logged on. My I Pad Pro appears to be eating up GBs. I have had it switched off for two days - usage normal and the 71.3 GB on that device has remained static. Off to Apple shop next week to try and sort out the problem. If they find nothing wrong then I am back to BT.
0 Ratings
stockdam
Beginner
Message 28 of 29

It really is suspicious and hard to prove.

When cancelling BT Sports, the girl on the call centre told me that my avaerage usage was 2GB per month and only once in the previous year had I ever come close to using 25GB in one month.

Ok I said let's go for 25GB per month.

I only use the internet for 3 days per week and there's 4 of us using it. In August I was on holiday and so only had two weeks at home.

In those two weeks we used double the limit and BT charged me about £32 or so. We used 6 times our average monthly usage in one day alone.

I rang and asked them how we had gone from 2GB average to about 40 times that. The answer was to limit my usage and that the monitor was correct. In September the same thing is happening and so I reverted back to Uncapped as I don't want to pay £30 excess per month whilst I find out if the usage monitor is indeed correct.

I really have my doubts but without spending a lot of time monitoring what is going on I find it amazing that we shoot up to 40 times our average usage when we change to capped.

0 Ratings
SueH111
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 29

In the end I went unlimited as I could not afford the £60+ i was being charged in July, August and Sept.  I looked at my devices and my Ipad Pro seemed to be eating the GB.  I contacted Apple and they gave me a few hints to reduce usage but on the whole, I was doing those things anyway.  That one device used 10GB in one day.  I was getting convinced that BT were correct and it was a problem at my end so I went against all my gut instincts and went unlimited Infinity 1.  I obviously now cannot check my usage as I am unlimited but I am still checking the devices via my hub manager.  Since changing, my IPad Pro has used 0.5GB.  Coincidence or what!!!!!!

0 Ratings