I also feel I should point out I have been unable to post on this forum since yesterday afternoon because the verification email for changing my email took eight hours to come through. I have resubmitted my email without the incident number in the title but in the body of the email instead since that it what it seemed to be hung up on but would now like confirmation it has been received, will be read and will be taken seriously.
This needs to be said - this experience of trying to deal with this matter has been abominable. Your phones have cut me off, the people I finally spoke to couldn't or wouldn't help, your email system rejects my emails despite them coming from the correct account and then I am prevented from even posting on your forum by an extraordinarily slow verification. The last week has taken a content and loyal customer of more than ten years and left her stressed, upset, angry and seriously considering leaving your organisation and heartily not recommending you to everyone she knows. That isn't what I would call good customer service.
Remember, this is only a customer to customer help forum, the only people that can help are the BT forum moderators.
They do not read all messages.
Hi all, as I'd registered a complaint - objecting to paying for something we haven't done (as well as seeking answers through this forum) I've had several calls, all saying the same thing, I have to pay and can they close the complaint now - which I wasn't keen to do as that doesn't give me answers. The last call was apparently from a supervisor who accepted that the usage was way over normal use and had apparently requested a report to look more closely into it. I'm told the report basically showed that all the usage had come through my home hub which apparently shows that either we've used it (no way!) or someone has obtained the access number displayed on the hub and used that to gain access. Well, I'm not sure how they could have done that given where it is - but I can't, "hand on heart" say it's not possible. unlikely - but not impossible. so it looks like (unless the moderator(s) can find something) that we'll be around £40 worse off after August. It is immensely frustrating but I just feel like I'm banging my head against a (virtual) wall! So my hopes now reside with the moderators (not heard from you yet by the way?).
NB -I can't afford for this to happen again, so have opted for the "unlimited" package (maybe "teabag lady" was right!). Hope you're all having better luck !
It really is suspicious and hard to prove.
When cancelling BT Sports, the girl on the call centre told me that my avaerage usage was 2GB per month and only once in the previous year had I ever come close to using 25GB in one month.
Ok I said let's go for 25GB per month.
I only use the internet for 3 days per week and there's 4 of us using it. In August I was on holiday and so only had two weeks at home.
In those two weeks we used double the limit and BT charged me about £32 or so. We used 6 times our average monthly usage in one day alone.
I rang and asked them how we had gone from 2GB average to about 40 times that. The answer was to limit my usage and that the monitor was correct. In September the same thing is happening and so I reverted back to Uncapped as I don't want to pay £30 excess per month whilst I find out if the usage monitor is indeed correct.
I really have my doubts but without spending a lot of time monitoring what is going on I find it amazing that we shoot up to 40 times our average usage when we change to capped.
In the end I went unlimited as I could not afford the £60+ i was being charged in July, August and Sept. I looked at my devices and my Ipad Pro seemed to be eating the GB. I contacted Apple and they gave me a few hints to reduce usage but on the whole, I was doing those things anyway. That one device used 10GB in one day. I was getting convinced that BT were correct and it was a problem at my end so I went against all my gut instincts and went unlimited Infinity 1. I obviously now cannot check my usage as I am unlimited but I am still checking the devices via my hub manager. Since changing, my IPad Pro has used 0.5GB. Coincidence or what!!!!!!