cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
soggy
Beginner
Message 31 of 37

Re: Broadband very slow

Will try getting the home hub clear of other wires its the only thing i can think of thats causing the problem
0 Ratings
soggy
Beginner
Message 32 of 37

ok done some cable arrangement put the home hub 3 close to the master socket about 3 feet away so there will be no interference i hope also used the rj11 cable that came with the hub. The speed has improved to 175kbps.

0 Ratings
soggy
Beginner
Message 33 of 37

adsl5.PNG

0 Ratings
soggy
Beginner
Message 34 of 37

Ive been plugged into the master text socket for 4 days now but the problem is the download speed go up and down its never stable. If i download a file it starts from 220 kbps to 150kbps to 100kbps backup to 270kbps while downloading a file.

adsl6.PNG

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 37

are you downloading wireless or cable?  you also need to remember that thedownload speed is affected by the site from which you are downloading.  not all sites give you your max  speed depending how much traffic their servers can handle

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
soggy
Beginner
Message 36 of 37

cable and i know that but seem to be every site i go to or whatever i download the speed is a erratic
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 37

download speeds will vary constantly and is perfectly normal depending on server usage
0 Ratings