Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ian1957
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 181

Re: Broadband wireless can't connect:

Go to solution
That's not nerdy haha, all down to personal preference haha. I have all the COD's sonce WAW, however I am on PS3.

Could you describe or take a picture of this double socket you have? Do you know if it is the master socket? Because normally the master socket is downstairs.

I can't remember why exactly, but j do know that if you restart the router (which in your case you are moving it) between those times, you are more likely to get a higher down sync 🙂

Nathan
0 Ratings
Adam1992
Contributor
Message 22 of 181

Go to solution

My master socket is downstairs but I have the Hub plugged into SKY line upstairs for practical reasons. I'm getting those sort of speeds when it is connected into the Sky Line which is connected from upstairs to downstairs.

I will move my Hub downstairs at around 12noon and see what happens.  

0 Ratings
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 23 of 181

Go to solution
I have to say from a lot of posts on here, sky boxes connected via there extension that the guy fits when they come to install the dish and everything generally looses 2-3mb of sync speed.
0 Ratings
Adam1992
Contributor
Message 24 of 181

Go to solution

That isn't good news at all, thanks for the information. I hopw this isn't the case when I move the Hub back to the master socket today but I usually connect it all up and it struggles for signal again on my Laptop and especially xbox (of which I understand as old adapter)

0 Ratings
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 25 of 181

Go to solution
Do you know or not whether all your wireless devices in the house are N or not? Because there is a setting on the home hub that is specifically for Wireless N and increases the speed you get a longer ranges. But its not compatible with G or B enabled devices. http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32376/c/346,502,504
0 Ratings
Adam1992
Contributor
Message 26 of 181

Go to solution

I will try those steps now, as for my devices my Laptop is 'N' compatible as it has a built in Broadcom 802.11n Adapter. My xbox has an old adapter which isn't 'N' compatible but I'm changing that soon anyway. My xbox is 'N' compatible but I just need the newer Adapter which aids 'N' wireless signals.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Adam1992
Contributor
Message 27 of 181

Go to solution

I just tried you steps and it said none of my devices support the 40Hz so I've left it as the recommended 802.11 b/g/n

0 Ratings
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 28 of 181

Go to solution

I'll wait for you to post your hub results when its downstairs at the master.

You may wanna check out this, its a digram of the home and what sort of stuff can cause wireless interference.

0 Ratings
Ian1957
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 181

Go to solution
Also, when you move the hub downstairs, I do hope that the wireless problem had been sorted 🙂

Nathan
0 Ratings
Adam1992
Contributor
Message 30 of 181

Go to solution

ADSL Line Status
Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 00:09:48
Downstream:18.79 Mbps
Upstream:1.138 Mbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):2.7 dB / 6.2 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):25.0 dB / 14.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up):20.1 dBm / 12.0 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):402516 / 123
CRC Events (Down/Up):30 / 32
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):196 / 8
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):79 / 4

I don't get it, the stats have improved correct yet still the signal drops out when upstairs etc. Do you recommend I leave the hub downstairs for a week to stable or anything like that.
Oh one thing that occured when placing hub downstairs, the signal dropped out and BT dektop help advised to press WPS button in doing so the light went from flashing orange to a constant read for 2 minutes or so then steady blue.
0 Ratings