Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 61 of 181

Re: Broadband wireless can't connect:

Go to solution
If you didn't pay for the hub in the first place then you won't get a refund I'm afraid. Because if your still in contract they'll just send you another Hub 3.
0 Ratings
Adam1992
Contributor
Message 62 of 181

Go to solution

They sent a replacement Hub which is the HH3 about a month ago and charged us £46 on the bill, so surely we can atleast try for a refund?

We had a HH2 and when I called BT, they said they were sorry for the incovience and we will send you a replacement Hub 3.0, I was like thank you and then when we recieved the bill we were amazed at a £46 charge for a replacement when they authorised it.

0 Ratings
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 63 of 181

Go to solution
Yeah, Im surpassed you didn't query the bill in the first place? I would make them send a refund and a new hub. You can also get the mods to that aswell. 🙂
0 Ratings
Adam1992
Contributor
Message 64 of 181

Go to solution

Ok thanks

My dad is one of those people that hates people complaining yet does nothing about it. So I said I'm looking into it and asking around for additional help which is to why I found this forum/community. The help is a lot better then I recieved from BT on the phone and maybe, just maybe we're getting somewhere.

Adam1992
Contributor
Message 65 of 181

Go to solution

I've emailed the MODs now to wait for a response......

Thankyou guys for all your help on these forums so far 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 66 of 181

Go to solution
Hi Adam 1992 the mods will reply to you by email or phone normally within 72 hours
0 Ratings
Adam1992
Contributor
Message 67 of 181

Go to solution

Ok thank you very much, I have internet plugged in via ethernet and it really sin't practical tbh 😞

0 Ratings
Ian1957
Aspiring Expert
Message 68 of 181

Go to solution
I may know why you were charged for a replacement hub. When was the last time you contracted with bt for an how long was it for/when did it run out?
0 Ratings
Adam1992
Contributor
Message 69 of 181

Go to solution

5-6 months ago we were contacted about renewing and at the time we had little problems but nothing a seriuos as this. We got the Hub like last month so surely we shouldn't have been charged?. Also the fact is I made sure I asked numerous times it is free on the phone to BT, he replied yes it was/is. 

0 Ratings
Ian1957
Aspiring Expert
Message 70 of 181

Go to solution
So did you recontract 6 months ago? If so then that places your Internet equipment back under warranty thereby a replacement hub for a faulty one should be free!
0 Ratings