cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fuHZion
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Broadcasting Video - Am I able to upload 24/7?

Heya, I'm soon have BT Infinity installed as I am keen to start broadcasting/livestreaming.  I'd like to know if I am able to have a constant upstream 24/7. 

For example when I am actually live, there will be more data to transmit so we're looking at anywhere from 3Mb to 7Mb of upload speed taking into account peaks.  For the times I am not live I would broadcast some pre-recorded material, probably at a much lower bitrate, so no more than 5Mb.

To do this 24/7 would be perfect, but I like to know if it's breaking any FUP/AUP, ie causing a detrimental service to other users.  Saying that I don't think anyone near me has Infinity.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Bullitt
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Broadcasting Video - Am I able to upload 24/7?

infinity option 2 is unlimited
0 Ratings
sjtp
Guru
Message 3 of 7

I can't see anything in the fup to prevent that, as long as the broadcasting isn't business.

When I first installed I did a large backup, which was a day or so of solid 17Mpbs.  Of course, day after day is different, but ok as far as I know.

0 Ratings
fuHZion
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

So I can upload 5TB a month? 🙂
0 Ratings
P4PERTR4iL
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

lol well technically on bt infinity option 2 yes you can. there is no fair usage policy so it's truely unlimited. i get a solid 16mbps upload

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

that is starting to sound like business use at 5TB
0 Ratings
Wizen
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

I livestream for probably 20-30 hours per month on Twitch.tv, at a constant bitrate of 2Mbps, and I never have any issues. According to my DD-WRT logs, I've transferred more than 500GB of data per month more than once this year, with no throttling/FUP affecting my service, so you should be fine.

It's quite easy to forget just how much you're downloading/uploading when the service is this fast. I found myself redownloading my entire Steam catalogue of 15+ games at an average of 7-12GB per game, which really bumped up my usage one month.

0 Ratings