Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Broken Promises & Tale of Woe

Go to solution

It all started back in November when I ordered Sky Sports, I only wanted it for one month for the Autumn internationals. With this add on you have to give one months notice of cancellation so no problem I thought order and cancel the next day so it should stop one month later. Ordered on line and cancelled on line. The next day no Sky Sports. So rang customer services who told me the best way to do this would be by telephone as they could not deal with anything that was ordered on line! Was then passed from pillar to post via India but no one was able to help.

Phoned in again on 22/11 spoke to David who after looking through the system was very apologetic and said he could give me compensation if I signed a new BB contract for 12 months @£20/month and also include HD (which I already had) @ free for 6 months then £5/month. Agreed and sky sports reinstated and was told it would end after one month.

All good except on next bill Sky sports still being charged and BB and HD offers not instigated.

So on 06/01 Spoke to Sam in Truro who listened and took all details and said he would pass all on to the Off Line Team who would call me within 5 working days to confirm and that all other contracts (mobiles and call packages and TV would remain the same). Well that all seemed easy enough and shortly after I received a call from India to confirm the order had been placed and were refunding the £22 overcharged for Sky Sports. Two hours later had another text to say order had been placed for the new BB and HD packages as outlined.

On 16/01 looked at my packages on line and saw no changes except that HD was no longer added tried to look at my order but was unable to access “due to pending order”. Rang customer services again and spoke to Amy in the UK who said there was a problem with the order and it was not for the two offers made by David. She cancelled the pending order and placed the order again as promised by David. I also wanted to renew my Line Saver contract but was told I had to ring in again as she couldn't deal with that. She said there was also a data integrity issue on my account and would place a contingency order to get that sorted and it would take 48 hours.

Later on 16/01 I had two calls from India from two different males who stated that neither of the
packages for BB and HD were currently available but offered an 18 month BB contract, would not enter any discussion as to why so declined.

Rang customer services again and spoke to John in UK. Stated he was unable to help and would need to speak to Order Management Team on 0800800150. Spoke to male in India who I couldn't understand so told him I would ring in again. Rang again and spoke to Priya in India. Got her to read through the account notes. She was unable to deal and would transfer me to the team dealing, the line went dead.

I had been very calm and polite up to this point but was now so fed up and frustrated I decide to give up.

Today I went back to My BT to see if I could place an order for HD but am unable to do so as it states an order is still in progress, which order? who knows. My BB and TV ends in April and I have not renewed my Line saver so I am now looking around to see what offers others have. Have been with BT since the year dot but it may now be time to move on. Its a shame as up until now have not had any problems.

Any Mods care to comment please?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
PaddyB
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broken Promises & Tale of Woe

Go to solution

Hi @cooperman,

It sounds like you have been through a bit of a nightmare. I'd like to take a look at your account to see what is going on. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks Paddy form completed.

0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you Mods for contacting me and trying to sort out this mess.

Unfortunately they were unable to resolve the issue as the Customer Options Team wanted to make it into an official customer complaint so this will take a further 5 to 7 working days for them to investigate . How hard can it be to delete a stuck pending order and reinstate my HD. I cant believe that ordering or cancelling has to be referred to so many different departments within the same company to get something set up, come on BT thats not efficient customer service is it especially after stating that one of the reasons for increased pricing was to give better UK based access.

0 Ratings
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Just an update. Thanks to David in the BT Resolutions Team who took control and resolved all issues. Now a happy bunny again. Thank you David.

0 Ratings