cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sturdy1244
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

Broken youview service

Had 8 weeks of erratic performance from my BT youview service. Three boxes and two visits from enginee have not improved viewing. Last visit was on Friday when 3rd box installed. By that evening box had stopped working.  Apparently refurbished youview boxes are being used to save money. This service is appalling. No offer of rebate for payments made for broken service. Reluctantly now considering Sky for TV service. Any potential new BT  youview customers be warned. 

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 18

Re: Broken youview service

Which Youview box do you have - did you transfer over from a BT Vision box or are you a new customer ?

Could you expand upon stop working - is it all box functions or some of the on demand players or the internet channels   etc.

0 Ratings
Sturdy1244
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 18

I transferred over when fibre optic services became available in Montrose.

All 3 boxes are the new one with blue button at front. Have spoken to help desk in India on numerous occasions,have used chat service about 5 times and have been texted by another help service. I have factory reset box, checked ethernet cable and reset router on 4 occasions.

On the 2 occasion engineer has visited he has said problem due to faulty box. The one installed on Friday started to malfuction in the evening when TV picture suddenly disappeared although you view box showed programme running and then those too stopped. Could not control functions with hand control. Switching box on and off did not work. Tried again this morning when exactly the same happened. System worked for about 30 mins. Switching on and off is not working.

I need NEW BOX now and not the unreliable refurbished one. I am paying for a service you are not providing.

0 Ratings
Sturdy1244
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 18

Problems arise on all channels, Freeview and internet channels. Sometimes only freeview channels could be accessed but no internet or rcord/view on demand services.

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 18

I;ve allerted the forum mods ...look out for a post from them requesting your details.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 6 of 18

Hi Sturdy1244 and welcome.

This doesn't sound right at all. Can you please drop me an email with your details and I'll take a look at this for you. You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Sturdy1244
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 18

Engineer arrived Fri am and managed to start box.

It then froze about 1 hr later and would not resume after all the usual routines of switching on/off etc.. Contacted BT help and explained that had 8 weeks of broken service and 3 youview boxes in that time. I was refused a new box as they are only available to new customers. Unbelievable that a BT customer for over 20 years be treated in such a cavalier manner. Classic example of taking existing customers for granted and offering new customers improved service to attract business. Have now cancelled youview contract and will be investigating Sky and TalkTalk services.

Advise any one experiencing repeated problems with youview box to take custom elsewhere and any new customers

considering BT youview to avoid it.

0 Ratings
TimSmedley
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 18

Hi

On eof the Moderators (who are BT employees) offered to help you but it is not clear if you made contact with them; was David unable to help?

Tim

0 Ratings
Sturdy1244
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 18

He has been in contact and is phoning back Monday. 

When I contacted BT after failed Friday visit from engineer my request for a new box was referred on by the help line advisor to a more senior staff member who refused to supply me with the new model box.

How do I claim for compensation for the 8 weeks ruined viewing for which BT was charging me?

0 Ratings
xbpod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 18

Hi Sturdy.

Did you manage to get this sorted as I have had the same problem for over a week now. I sometimes get a purple screen but mostly just a blank screen. Constant resets sometimes work, but only last for a short while, making my youview box unwatchable. I have to revert back to sky to watch anything.

0 Ratings