Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dagsuk
Beginner
Message 11 of 18

Re: Broken youview service

hi 

im the same  my internet channels work for 10 mins  then nothing  restart and all is good   then nothing    have restarted, retuned, switched off, full restore  everything  still the same   nightmare   call centre just want you to restart everything even tho this has been done daily for the last couple of weeks    someone help please   keep getting ipc6023 error then it works sometimes after that then again ipc6023    full infinity at 75 meg and youview box attached to bt homehub 3

0 Ratings
Sturdy1244
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 18

Hi,

No satisfactory outcome. Have had 3 boxes installed,all showing same problems. Despite 3 requests for new model box rather than refurbished unreliabel mode BT refused to issue one. Thet are kept for new customers only.

Have now cancelled youview service. Heard from user that Talk talk tv service much more reliable.

0 Ratings
JanMolbyFan
Beginner
Message 13 of 18

Hi,

I'm the same too.Youview box freezes daily sometimes just the picture disappears but the box still showing the programme. Other times the picture freezes and the box doesn't respond to the remote. So far turning off for an hour or so solves the problem. 

I am going to have to do a full reset and lose my recordings, I know this but will be furious if this doesn't solve the box problem.

Bt doesn't appear to mention what to do if a full reset doesn't solve the issue.

0 Ratings
benwiddowson
Expert
Message 14 of 18

I'm really supprised BT still install/supply the old Humax box, i cant see how the constat calls to customer service, box swaps and home vists can be cost effective. Hopefully they will run out of the older boxes soon as the G4 is a great bit of kit. I have 2 of them (one was offered as an upgrade of an older box) and they've never missed a beat. Did the mod's manage to sort you out in the end?

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 18

Isn't it a bit early yet to know if the G4 suffers the same sort of reliability issues?
0 Ratings
xbpod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 18

Sat here waiting for a BT engineer to arrive and do his magic. Not holding my breath, think it could be a return to Sky if this is not solved.
0 Ratings
xbpod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 18

Well that was a waste of a Saturday sat at home. Phone from BT to say engineer will now not come today and Thursday will be the earliest they can now attend. The worst thing is............I'm not in the slightest surprised at this level of service by BT!!!!
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 18 of 18

I've offered to help here xbpod. Please keep your posts on the same thread.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings