cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 1 of 105

Browser/Forum oddness

Is my browser going funny after recent failed attempts to use links from these forums or what?

Current 'Top Rated Users' are showing me in 2nd place (Checking other members ID pages show them as having way more ratings than me)!?!?!?! Have I changed any settings without actually changing any??

also odd is if I send a PM to another user or mod should my sent PM messages subject title change from bold to normal when it has been read?

head hit

I've gone back in time. Top rated posts have also changed. Help me before I end up on the old (RIP) forums

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
104 REPLIES 104
Redflake
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 105

Re: Browser/Forum oddness

Hi DS.

I noticed that the ratings had changed. I've lost another 2, PsiDoc as tumbled down the ratings and Dorset_Vinney as vanished completely. No idea what's cracking of, all very odd.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 105

Hi Redflake.

With regard to your missing ratings. I use ScrapBook and have done for a while. Thanks to a member you have mentioned. That's how I noticed odd things occurring!

It is plausible that members have decided to remove any awarded ratings.

I too noticed that the 2 members you've mentioned appear to have vanished off the face of the forum. (must be on holidaySmiley Wink)

Not seen any announcements on oddness though.

0 Ratings
Redflake
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 105

I can see that someone could remove the ratings they have given you but that seems implausible as quite a few of us have lost ratings. I smell a round of political correctness as been unleashed on us. Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 105

@DS wrote:

I've gone back in time............ Help me before I end up on the old (RIP) forums

Ooo errr! If you go down to the old forums today you're in for big suprise OR IS IT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last posts have changed order on there also so it my gear must be going wrong

Help before I finish on dial up!!!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 105

Well I've been registered for only three weeks and at the moment I'm also an Aspiring Contributor.  Thats the time registered theory related to "status" sorted then.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Community Manager - Retired
Message 7 of 105

Hi All

Re: forum ratings: Don't worry - the ratings haven't gone anywhere.  At the moment there is an issue with how they are displaying on the 'Top Rated Authors' module, but the full amount of ratings received are still allocated against your name.  This can be seen by clicking on your profile.  We are working on this at the moment, and i'll let you know when it's fixed.

Re: Status: You are right in saying that time registered has an impact on changing ranks, but I'd like to point out that each rank is achieved by a combination of different behaviours, such as time registered on the forum, number of posts, ratings given and received from others, etc.   Overall, the rank structure is intended to reward loyal and productive members of the community and specifically to recognise those who help others get the most out of the products and services they receive from BT.

More details on the ranking structure can be found here

Thx

Kerry 

Retired BTCare Community Manager - StephanieG and SeanD are your new Community Managers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 105

On the subject of forum oddness

Why does this forum terminate in the USA and Ireland?

Plus would using the one in Ireland be any quicker?

0 Ratings
PheeragHfre
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 105

@DS wrote:

On the subject of forum oddness

Why does this forum terminate in the USA and Ireland?

Plus would using the one in Ireland be any quicker?

Very rare to get straight line contacts on the WWW.

More than likely multipoint zigzags. Smiley Wink

"I have this awful feeling someone is watching every move I make (one of my pet hates is router location tagging)." Marvin (A paranoid Android)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 105

Anyone else?

Got this after clicking post!!

0 Ratings