cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Brutal PPP LCP Send Termination Request (User request)

For the past 2 nights, between 2am-6am I've have a VERY large amount of PPP LCP Send Termination Request (User request). So much so, it can happen at least two-three times in a row and keep doing so unless i restart the router (which then doesn't solve it completely). Yet, however, as soon as morning comes my router remains 100% steady and does not disconnect. 

My connection remains stable UNLESS i try downloading large files - BT trying to cull overnight downloading maybe? 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: Brutal PPP LCP Send Termination Request (User request)

Sounds like it 😞

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

don't think so  I don't have a problem downloading large files at anytime

on eo the older hubs used to have a problem with larger files - can't remember which

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 11

i had been having this on the hub 5a and since i changed to 5b no more ppp disconnections?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 11

I'm getting some these to and on hh5a is this the hub as from posts here looks like hh5b don't do it
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 11

Unfortunately every router does it but BT Home hubs seems more sensitive. The problem is due to ISP infrastructure and BT customers seem to suffer more from it. There is no solution to this phenomena that I have seen but don't expect BT to respond. It's been going on for years.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 11

I had this problem too - it was caused by increased noise on my line at night, probably due to the street lights IMO

I had bad connection this week & I rang to get it sorted, they said there was a fault, connection seems a lot more stable the past few nights, they were meant to ring back but didn't so don't know if it was fixed or what the problem was

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

@MaximusPrime

please dont start the magic roundabout againSmiley Sad

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 11

@imjolly,

haha, there was a fault somewhere with my line, I can see it on the BT faults page, I just don't know what it was yet, they never rang me back though they were meant to

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 11

I was getting these PPP lcp termination requests, reboots, on a hh5a and I changed to tp link 9980. it's much better and packed with features what hh5 lacking
0 Ratings