cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 20

Re: Brutally slow internet

Is there any wires apart from bt incoming wires connected to the back plate of the master socket?

All the extension sockets should be connected to back of detachable faceplate

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
deanM13
Message 12 of 20

Can't see anything untoward
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 20

With your stats especially the output power i think you need help. If tech support phone then you need to tell them about the output power

I think the mods will help when they read your posts

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
deanM13
Message 14 of 20

Would it be handy to have the latest ADSL stats up on the screen when they ring then? And if the important thing now is to show 3+ days of stability, how is that best achieved (ie not turning it off and on again, allowing them to reset it, using a wireless connection etc)? And how often should I repost my current ADSL stats to satisfy the mods that I'm not beyond help!

So many questions, I know. Like I said, I'm a novice.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 20

If you do get a callback tomorrow you can say you were on forum and output power is ( note current value) and normally be in the teens

The mods will post you a link as i think there is more wrong than possibly banded profile

0 Ratings
deanM13
Message 16 of 20

Many thanks
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

Hi deanM13,

Thanks for posting. If you don't get a resolution during the callback I can look into this for you. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile. Once I have the details we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
deanM13
Message 18 of 20

Have had OpenReach engineer to take a look and it's all sorted, was a problem at the exchange (frozen card or something of the sort).

Many thanks to the 2 sages and a mod for your help and advice. Hopefully the problem's sorted for good so don't take it the wrong way when I say I hope that we won't be in contact again anytime soon!Smiley Wink

Thanks chaps.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 20

that's greatSmiley Wink

please could you post stats to see the improvement

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 20

Glad to help any time there is always someone around
0 Ratings