cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Albi1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Bt Cloud Smart albums not working

Hi I have just uploaded all my photo's and clipart to bt cloud. when I go to photo's I find one Album with about 8 photo's in it.

Selecting all my files shows E and F drives and I can find my photo's in there in their folders.

I have checked as per another post I found the conitions that had to be met.

1. The 'Smart Folder' functionality needs to be set to 'ON' in the desktop software (on the settings page)
  2. The folder must contain a minimum of 5 files with the following extensions: jpg, jpeg, tif, png, pict
  3. At least 90% of all files in the folder must be images with the above extensions
  4. The folder in question must be a maximum of 4 levels beneath the backup folder. As an example, if you've set your 'Pictures' folder as a backup folder, then four layers of subfolders would be turned into Smart Folders.

all of the conditions have been met.

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 19

Re: Bt Cloud Smart albums not working

I to have the same problem. Just loaded up several hundred jpegs, loads of them in discrete folders.

Not one Smart Album created, this problem has been present from Day 1 of the Synchronoss platform. and clearly has yet to be solved .

Despite my tremendous bonus of another 500 Gb it is pointless if I cant see the albums where the pictures came from, I have barely used my first 500GB so it is most unlikely I will use the second 500Gb.

Also despite having load at startup turned off why does BT Cloud dump aan entry for SysnchronossPC in my startup folder ?

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 3 of 19

Hi @Cicero and @Albi1 and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having problems using the Cloud. The best thing to do would be to contact the Cloud helpdesk on 0800 500 3114 and they will be able to help you.  They are open 9am to 9pm Mon - Fri and 9am to 6.30pm Sat and Sun. 

Post back and let us know how you get on.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Albi1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 19

Hi David

Tried phoning the number you gave this gave me an Indian gentleman who told me that smart albums don't exist and it does not work like that and that I could not share files as only the account holder can get to them then put the phone down.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 5 of 19

Hi @Albi1,

Thanks for getting back. I'm sorry the help desk couldn't answer this. Please drop me over an email with your details and I'll look into it for you. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 19

Thanks for the update. I have since reporting the issue tried a single folder with test jpegs in and that worked. I have done this before and conclude that as soon as Cloud gets a folder that doesnt qualify it turns Smart Folders off regardless of how many subsequent folders may qualify. As I said in my previous post this problem has been present from day 1 of this platform so after 18 months or more is presumably unsolvable. My own in house solution is to delete everything from BT Cloud, I cant upload tens of Gb's in the hope that I might get albums.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 7 of 19

Hi @Albi1,

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us. I've picked this up for you.

Can you confirm that your pictures have GPS tags in them? Smart Albums is a feature based on location tagging of the pictures. If these have been taken, for example, on a DSLR with no GPS, no Smart Albums would be created on upload.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 19

I am not sure the reference to geotags is right. As I stated previously I loaded up a single folder and got a Smart Folder. The pictures were taken on a point & shoot camera (Canon IXUS500 HS) with no GPS connection and no geotags in the JPEGS.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 9 of 19

Hi @Cicero,

I've been speaking with our BT Cloud suppliers this morning and they've confirmed that this is the method they support.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 19

Thanks for that . As a further test using the camera mentioned above I just took 10 pictures,Jpegs, and loaded them up by just nominating the folder called Cloud Test 2. Lo and behold a Smart Album called Cloud Test 2 was created. If you like I can send you one of the pictures as they are all the same.

0 Ratings