cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 19

Re: Bt Cloud Smart albums not working

Further to the above I logged into BT Cloud on my iPad and the album is defintely there and confirmed as being created today.
0 Ratings
Albi1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 19

No my bridge camera does not have gps.

you would have thought that it would have been easy to turn a folder full of pictures into an album so this is only of use to high end camera uses or phones.

I use a panasonic fz330 bridge camera.

I thought I could make albums the long way by round but select all does not seem to work either.

Not very user friendly in fact very poor

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 13 of 19

Hi @Albi1 and @Cicero,

Sorry for taking so long – we finally have a comprehensive description of Smart Albums and Smart Folders, as a lot of this case seems to have been concentrating on a confusion between SA and SF:

Smart Folders and Smart Albums are two distinct features that result in the creation of Photo Albums in the user's Cloud account.

Smart Folders are features of the desktop client: If a user uploads a folder with more than 5 files that contains at least 80% images of type JPEG, the application will create a Photo Album with the name of the folder in the user’s Cloud account. This feature is enabled from the desktop.

Smart Albums is a handset feature and require location services to be enabled. The time and distance intervals that are used to determine whether uploaded images should belong in a Smart Album are configurable, and on BT Cloud are 15 miles and 24 hours. Therefore, if the user has location services enabled and Smart albums enabled, a Smart Album will be created in the following circumstances:

1. The user uploads a minimum of 4 images.
2. Each successive image is captured within 24 hours of the previous image.
3. Each successive image is within 15 miles of the previous image.

The images in a Smart Album therefore can span a considerable distance and time so long as the user continues to capture images within the time and distance interval.

Hope this clears all the confusion we've seen.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 19

Thanks for the explanation.

Using the Desktop product on W 7 with Smart folders turned on just loaded a folder containing 521 jpegs , no Album created, I have no doubt that time and volume affect Smart Folder production., as previous posts show.

Just in the process of deleting everything in the Cloud now, pointless if I cant rely on it.

Just loaded the same folder to Google Photos and there it is.

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 19

Forgot to  add that the jpegs I loaded were all less than 300k each total folder size just over 100Mb, so by volume I mean number of jpegs not their size.

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 19

Are Smart albums created by taking pictures on an IPad or are they only applicable to phones ? I have taken pictures on my IPad with location services on and don't seem to have a Smart Album yet ?
0 Ratings
Albi1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 19

I have added location information to a complete file of jpegs some have made into a album but others with the same information havent why o why do they need GPS data to create a album why not just turn a folder of jpegs into an album

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 19

Exactly why not just blast up the folder as it is (Just like F-Secure did). No sign of a Smart Album so I guess it doesnt apply to Ipad photos even though they have GPS info in them.

0 Ratings
AltJS
Beginner
Message 19 of 19

BT have tried to be too clever - and there are unresolved bugs.  I have uploaded 5 folders of photos but only 3 show as albums.  Putting the names of the missing albums in Search brings them up but otherwise they are invisible.

Just visually duplicating what we upload, i.e. the same as copying to a hard drive would have been preferable.

0 Ratings