cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crossland
Beginner
Message 1 of 21

Bt Infinity 2 Unlimited

Hi everyone I have just upgraded to Bt Infinity 2 Unlimited and my Broadband started yesterday I have installed the Homehub 5 I was sent and all was fine through the day yesterday until last night around 12 am when the Homehub decided to restart itself as me and my son were playing on Xbox Live,it restarted and all was OK again then 15 mins later it restarted again and same thing rebooted itself and was OK again for half an hour then decided to restart again.
So far today all has been fine and it hasn't gone again but I'm thinking maybe it will drop again later around the same time ! I've seen a few problems regarding these homehubs does anyone have any advice ?

I went and bought a Linksys AC1200+ today thinking this would help as I've seen it has good reviews but I can't seem to get it working it needs a modem or something plugged into it as well? I thought it was a straight router swap but evidently not so is there anything I could think about straight swapping the Homehub out for that would work out the box on its own without the need of a modem ? Thx in advance
0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 21

Re: Bt Infinity 2 Unlimited

You could either purchase a VDSL router/modem combined or get the HG612 modem from the well known auction site.
crossland
Beginner
Message 3 of 21

Thx what would be the best VDSL Router/Modem to purchase ?
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 21

Was it self install?  If so are you connected to the test socket with a new filter?

as you are just connected you have training period so maybe you should wait a week and see if it settles

if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with wired connection  btspeedtester

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number wholesale FTTC check

try quiet line test   dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 21

Many are using the tplink 9980

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
crossland
Beginner
Message 6 of 21

It was a self install they just sent the Hub out and I put it in.
When you say the test socket I haven't taken the faceplate off I have just plugged the lead in to a filter which goes directly in to the socket so Filter Broadband and phone plugged in to it.Can you run them with the faceplate off all the time then ?

Will try the rest you suggested when I return home thank you
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 21

You can connect to test socket with a filter and just stay conencted for as long as you like

crossland
Beginner
Message 8 of 21

Screenshot_2015-12-17-20-19-59-1.png

0 Ratings
crossland
Beginner
Message 9 of 21

Screenshot_2015-12-17-20-25-26-1-1.png

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 21

You would appear to be ADSL (Normal) broadband and not VDSL (Infinity) as per your stats at No.5