cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Bt Infinity 2 is it worth paying extra when Infinity 1 is upgraded ?

Go to solution

Hi All,

I am a BT infinity 2 customer, i presently get around 58-60 mb Download speeds, The question i have is , Is it worth continuing paying for Infinity 2 when Infinity 1 is upgraded to Up to 76Mb ? Is Infinity 2 going to be upgraded in near future. any info greatly appreciated. thank you .

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Bt Infinity 2 is it worth paying extra when Infinity 1 is upgraded ?

Go to solution

If you look through the forum you will find a few other threads asking the same as you. 

Short answer is no unless you want the extra Cloud storage and extra BT/McAfee antivirus licences.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

It wasn't worth it before if you are only getting 58-60 as Infinity1 max is 55 and you would never tell the difference.

Infinity1 is not 'upgraded to 76Mb' just the cap is removed, your speed won't increase. It won't matter if Infinity2 is 'upgraded' (which I doubt) you will only be able to get the speed your line is capable of (58-60)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Hi. Thank you to all those who replied to my enquiry. Seems i might just as well downgrade to infinity 1 and pay less per month.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

I'm supposed to get up to 76 and I get 35 !

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@annegray01 wrote:

I'm supposed to get up to 76 and I get 35 !

Just because you are on Infinity 2 with an "up to 76Mbps" does not mean your line can support those speeds. You will only ever get the speed your line can support regardless of what package you are on.

If you think you are not getting the speed that was estimated for your line when you checked prior to signing up for Infinity 2 you should start a new thread outlining what the problem is and somebody should offer some assistance to establish if there is a problem and how to resolve it. 

0 Ratings