cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Bt Infinity Broadband Activation delay

Hello
I hope someone will be able to help or offer advice on how I can try and gain clarification or resolve the following issue. I have spend several hours and phone call conversations during the past few days trying to establish why my Infinity broadband activation keeps being delayed. I keep being given different potential dates when my broadband will be activated and start working. I can receive calls via the land line however I cannot hear a dial tone or make calls. I was advised that this is due to the broadband not being fully activated. Can someone or a moderator please help. I would appreciate if anyone can help offer advise as to how I can get these issues resolved. Thanks Paul
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Bt Infinity Broadband Activation delay

Its odd that you can receive calls but not make them. Did you move from a different supplier?

Have you tried a different phone, and also tried the test socket behind the master phone socket?

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

Hello,

I am still waiting for BT to confirm when my broadband infinity will be activated. I have contacted BT over 10 times during the past 7 days and I still am unable to get answers to my questions. Can someone from BT please assist or advise how I can find out when BT or BT Openreach will be able to confirm when my infiiity broadband will be activated. My phone line is now working (can place and receive calls) however, i still do not know when my broadband will be activated. The initial date was 24 november 2016. Can a moderator assist?

Thanks Paul

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

can you please post the checker results asked for this will help us to assist you Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Openreach are not public facing as you are not one of their customers their customers are the service providers like BT Sky etc also at this time your phone line is not working fully as it sounds like your line has not yet been fully ported from your old provider until there is a fully working phone line broadband services cannot be fully activated
0 Ratings