Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 21 of 26

Re: Bt Infinity Install Issues

Further update;

after my initial problems i decided to switch back to sky for my services and this appeared to be going through however a few orders with sky failed and they said it was because of a notification on my line that bt would have to remove. I spent ages trying to get this sorted to no avail so i emailed BT. I was called back almost immediately by Robert who was very helpful and stated that he would sort out infinity for me and that it was a software issue that was preventing me from getting it, not being connected to the exchange as i had been told before. i was given a install date of the 1st june and the engineer came yesterday. he spend 1 1/2 in the cabinet looking for my connection but couldnt find it for my home and in his words "You could be connected anywhere". he said he would have to report it and someone would be in touch.

Im now back to square one and dont have a clue what is going on. i have had no internet at home since the 2nd may and my wife needs if for her work. its been a total disaster on Bts part!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 22 of 26

Phone them up and cancel mate, the engineer should have access to where your line runs as i have 4 infinity cabs around my location and the enginner knew exactly where my line was connected to even though the one that im connected to is the furthest one away from my house. If you don't go down the cancel route i don't think you'll get internet anytime soon if you don't kick up!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 23 of 26

a engineer was apparently coming out to find where my property is routed today(tuesday) and i will be contacted tomorrow to find out what on earth is going on. in the mean time Bt have managed to bill me over £50 for a service im not getting!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 26

Similar story to those here - ordered line + Infinity 2 on 22nd May and the BT line was activated on the 4th June.

My account status now says 'completed'.

I rang today to queury my Infinity 2 order for an install date only to be told by the billing Dept. that no such Infinity request exists on my order and even though I ordered the line rental Saver at £129, they have no record of this and if I want to change from monthly costs to the Saver I'll now be charged the1st June price of £141 if I want it!

Told them I have the letter stating my extact order details (Phone + Infinity2 + Line Rental Saver @ £129).

They are going to chase with Wholesale but after reading this thread I don't hold out much hope...

Al

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 25 of 26

ive now been told that it will be friday before they are able to tell my whats happening.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 26 of 26

got a surprise visit from a engineer on monday who thought he was coming to fit a new phone line. i explained the problem and he fitted infinity with no issues. started off at 69.9mb down and 20mb up. 

Ive since been getting between 30 - 40 down and 20 up which i led to believe is normal in the first 10 days before it settles

its taken 5 weeks but ive finally got there !

0 Ratings