cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 26

Bt Infinity Install Issues

Hi,Bt Infinity has just become available on my cabinet and my exchange has been ready for some time. I have signed up to transfer all services from sky and gone with infinity 2 which is really all im interested in. 

my activation date was the 2nd May and the order all went through fine, however when i checked my order a couple of days later the website said that i needed to rearrange my infinity install as they couldnt install it on the same day as the line switch. The date was the changed to the 7th May. 

Yesterday however i recieved a call from the sunderland call center stating that my bt infinity order had failed due to the line not being with bt yet. they said that they would be able to reactivate the order on the 3rd May (after the phone line switch) and a new install appointment would need to be made, leaving me without broadband during that time. 

My question is, is this a usual occurrance and have any others had problems like this. 

Also what are my cancellation rights should they switch everything over and then say that im unable to get infinity as ive seen in posts previously as im not interested in staying with bt if i cant get it. 

thanks

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 26

Re: Bt Infinity Install Issues

It is very strange.

We had our Infinity install last week, but when we signed up online to order we were with Talk Talk for landline and ADSL.

BT arranged the line move etc (we got letters from Talk Talk asking if we REALLY were leaving them etc) so BT did it all.

One thing - our date was a week later than someone else on our estate, and I assumed that was to allow for the line swap, but on the day of our install they did the line swap there and then. The BT enginner came to house, said they were gonig to swap over in the echange and phone would not work for a few mins etc - but from start to end the whole process from the time he came through door was less than an hour.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 26

I am currently experiencing the same problem. The situation...

1. I ordered line activation and infinity at the same time (BT advertised this would work)

2. I got told it was going to happen on the 23rd

3. The Openreach engineer came in, told me he couldn't setup Infinity?!?!? so why did he come if????

4. Was told I needed to wait for Openreach to tell BT?? that my phone line had been activated...

5. BT have told me the next slot for an engineer is now the 3rd of May

6. I rang BT to chase yesterday and thought i'd actually got BT to give me some customer service...they said i would be called today to get the current order cancelled and the order expedited for install on Saturday...

7. I've just chased BT myself as i've had no call to be told that was basically a lie and they shouldn't have given me that date..

What a joke...and to say im currently discusted is an understatement and if the manager that is apparently calling me in Four hours from BT dosn't sort this on that phone call I will be going to Plusnet, where I know i'll have to wait for BT still no doubt but its the principle.

BT's customer service is non existent, they seem to be really good at making the issue of me wanting escalation to be me in the wrong!!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 26

it seems quiet common with users with line transferred from Sky recently to have a delay before Infinity can go live it is due it seems to lines not being released in time by your old provider for the infinity install
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 26

This was a brand new line....

Its basically the BT engineer being uneducated on Infinity installs....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 26

thanks for the replys,

i am willing to wait provided the service i have signed up for is installed eventually, however if im told i cant get infinity after the line switch where do i stand with cancelling

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 26

Well 3rd may has been and gone and no phone call to re instate the order, instead I spent nearly 3 hours on the phone telling the same story to around 20 people and getting several different answers back a and I am still no further forward, the call ended with me waiting in a queue and the phone cutting off as it reached 8pm.

I thought sky were bad at customer service but bt beat them hands done.

I currently have a bt phone line and nothing else, guess they have me in a contract now. To top it of if I put my phone number in the checker it says i cant get infinity but house number and postcode says I can!

Does anybody have a clue !
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 26

it can take up to a week for the number to get onto the BT Wholesale database only then can a broadband order be made and completed
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 26

If that is the case why haven't I been told that, rather than just been passed on to someone else without getting anywhere. I work with customer's in my job and when you say your going to update someone you do it. If I was given a straight answer I could accept it and wait
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 26

the checker gets its data from the wholesale database as it does for all ISP's who use the Wholesale /Openreach network and broadband /fibre products
0 Ratings