Hi,Bt Infinity has just become available on my cabinet and my exchange has been ready for some time. I have signed up to transfer all services from sky and gone with infinity 2 which is really all im interested in.
my activation date was the 2nd May and the order all went through fine, however when i checked my order a couple of days later the website said that i needed to rearrange my infinity install as they couldnt install it on the same day as the line switch. The date was the changed to the 7th May.
Yesterday however i recieved a call from the sunderland call center stating that my bt infinity order had failed due to the line not being with bt yet. they said that they would be able to reactivate the order on the 3rd May (after the phone line switch) and a new install appointment would need to be made, leaving me without broadband during that time.
My question is, is this a usual occurrance and have any others had problems like this.
Also what are my cancellation rights should they switch everything over and then say that im unable to get infinity as ive seen in posts previously as im not interested in staying with bt if i cant get it.
It is very strange.
We had our Infinity install last week, but when we signed up online to order we were with Talk Talk for landline and ADSL.
BT arranged the line move etc (we got letters from Talk Talk asking if we REALLY were leaving them etc) so BT did it all.
One thing - our date was a week later than someone else on our estate, and I assumed that was to allow for the line swap, but on the day of our install they did the line swap there and then. The BT enginner came to house, said they were gonig to swap over in the echange and phone would not work for a few mins etc - but from start to end the whole process from the time he came through door was less than an hour.
I am currently experiencing the same problem. The situation...
1. I ordered line activation and infinity at the same time (BT advertised this would work)
2. I got told it was going to happen on the 23rd
3. The Openreach engineer came in, told me he couldn't setup Infinity?!?!? so why did he come if????
4. Was told I needed to wait for Openreach to tell BT?? that my phone line had been activated...
5. BT have told me the next slot for an engineer is now the 3rd of May
6. I rang BT to chase yesterday and thought i'd actually got BT to give me some customer service...they said i would be called today to get the current order cancelled and the order expedited for install on Saturday...
7. I've just chased BT myself as i've had no call to be told that was basically a lie and they shouldn't have given me that date..
What a joke...and to say im currently discusted is an understatement and if the manager that is apparently calling me in Four hours from BT dosn't sort this on that phone call I will be going to Plusnet, where I know i'll have to wait for BT still no doubt but its the principle.
BT's customer service is non existent, they seem to be really good at making the issue of me wanting escalation to be me in the wrong!!!!
thanks for the replys,
i am willing to wait provided the service i have signed up for is installed eventually, however if im told i cant get infinity after the line switch where do i stand with cancelling