cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lockryan
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Bt Infinity no internet data all HH3 Lights are blue and all modem lights are on

Hi,

Yesterday completely lost internet connection dispite all lights being on the HH and the Modem, in the homehub manager it says connected but no internet.

I called bt and was on the phone for an hour half running up and down the stairs doing every he said to find out what was happening, eventually I got taken to tier 3 and told it was a fault with the homehub and i would get a new replacement within 3 days.

What I am concerned about is that the new HH will turn up and problem will persist. I done some investigation my self, and googled the problem and carried out any suggestions other people have had to no avail. So i tried bypassing the HH and plugging the openreach modem straight into my mac laptop, made a new PPPOE connection and entered all the information, got a connection/ipaddress/dns servers, and the laptop said connected and showed sent and receicved bars showing data flowing; however i could still not load any webpages. I tried this again with my computer and the same thing happened got connected but not webpages.

So i rang bt internet again and told them what i have done and said that it may not be a HH issue, the guy was very stubborn and said the tier 3 system says its a HH issue. I said ive bypassed the homehub and it still doesnt work and he couldnt understand how i did that, saying its not possible, so i thought maybe he's right and you can't so left it at that.

Turned everything off over night, woke up today and turned it all back on and tried again with the HH try loaded a webpage and it worked for a split second, the background and few other elements loaded then it stopped and the same problem persist.

My friend has infinity and a working HH3 so asked if i could borrow theres and test it, i reset it all to factory and plugged it in  , the HH manager says connected but again no webpage can load over enthernet and wifi on ipad,phone and laptop.

So i do suspect there is something else wrong either with the modem or the line, ive checked bt lines checker website and there is no issues in my area.

I am going to ring them up again later and try and get a technician to come down, i am just fed with waiting on the bt helpline, and them not taking on board what i have said, and them just saying the system says this etc.

If anyone has got any further suggestion on what to do please tell me and ill try them.

Sorry for the long post, Thanks

Ryan

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 12

Re: Bt Infinity no internet data all HH3 Lights are blue and all modem lights are on

Did you try without DNS? http://212.58.253.67 for example
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
lockryan
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Re: Bt Infinity no internet data all HH3 Lights are blue and all modem lights are on

Just tried doing that on my wireless laptop and ethernet computer it recognises its bbc then wont load any further, i also tried setting dns manually on my laptop and computer to the ones on HH Manager and it just did the same.

Thanks

Ryan

0 Ratings
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 12

What username did you use for the PPPOE logon when you set it up directly to the modem?
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
lockryan
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

I used the same as on the homehub bthomehub@btbroadband.com and pw blank

Just had another hour phone call with a bt technician he boosted my signal while i tested it and still just got continuos loading, even after i changed all the wires. He told me theres nothing else he can do and its all to do with my end so i need to get a local computer technician. Bit stuck on what to do right now, i have checked the inside of the master socket extension which is next to the computer and there was 6 wires, blue and white connected and only 1 free connection with nothing to it, not sure if it has something to do with that, but doubt it otherwise all the lights wouldnt be blue.

any help would be great

thanks

Ryan

0 Ratings
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 12

He said to "get a local computer technician"? What an idiot.

You need an engineer. If the helpdesk refuse to help, send a tweet to BT_Care or fill in the form for the mods http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

Did you try a reset of the Openreach modem? It might not help but at this stage you have nothing to loose.

0 Ratings
lockryan
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

Yup ive tried that one of the first things they said do on the phone.

Rang them up again and demanded an engineer they tried telling me to reset my hub again etc etc i said i ain't resetting it no more cause ive done it enough times. So he did some more line tests and came to the conlcusion there is a fault in my line and there fixing it now and should be bck in 48 hrs.

I really hope there not trying just to get rid of me by saying that, so just gonna have to wait.

0 Ratings
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 12

Have they raised a fault? You can track the fault here https://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=2&s_cid=con_FURL_faults
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
lockryan
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

Just checked that link and they have.

Thanks

0 Ratings