cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pcfarrar
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 45

Re: Bt Infinity upgrade to 80/20 - botched?!?!

As of 6am this morning by connection speeds have resolved and i'm now getting 52/16. Very strange for it to suddenly jump from 8/16. 

I can only assume it was something to do with the improvements to the broadband network listed on the service status page:

http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status

0 Ratings
normanstephens
Contributor
Message 22 of 45

@NigelE wrote:

Thanks Norman

If you've sent an email already then that's grand, no need to do the form again. We'll try to get back to you tonight but it might be tomorrow morning now - we double checked around the 10 day stabilisation period and it does affect these orders.

Cheers

I dunno about the line training over 10 days, at the rate my speed is going down I will be on dial-up by next weekend.

Gone from 38/8 on the 40/10 to 5/12 on 80/20 service (peaked at 12/16) Profile is showing as 51/20.

Oddly on usenet I seem to be getting closer to 30meg but it's still cack really.

The phone call from BT never materialised...

infinity-test2.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 45

What site is that test from Norman?

Can you try www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk using an Ethernet connection direct into your hub?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
normanstephens
Contributor
Message 24 of 45

@Webby wrote:
What site is that test from Norman?

Can you try www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk using an Ethernet connection direct into your hub?

Was from the BT Checker (edited above and posted image).

On the link given I get Download Speed: 13769 kbps (1721.1 KB/sec )   Upload Speed: 15153 kbps (1894.1 KB/sec )

http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/results.php?t=1334398736&v=15548781

On the same site two days ago before the upgrade I was getting 37499kps/81633kbps.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 45

Could be a configuration issue somewhere...I really don't know though!
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
pcfarrar
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 45

I had exactly the same problem as Norman and my profile is similar. It was running really badly all day yesterday but come about 6.30am this morning it returned to full speed. Yesterday on speedtest.net I couldn't get anything faster than 8Mb/s and I tried all day.

0 Ratings
normanstephens
Contributor
Message 27 of 45

@pcfarrar wrote:

I had exactly the same problem as Norman and my profile is similar. It was running really badly all day yesterday but come about 6.30am this morning it returned to full speed. Yesterday on speedtest.net I couldn't get anything faster than 8Mb/s and I tried all day.

At what time yesterday did you report your issue to the mods or BT?  Sounds more like it was fixed by someone rather than conincidence?  What area are you in?

0 Ratings
pcfarrar
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 45

I emailed the mods about 6.30pm last night. I don't think they will have done anything so quickly.

The other thing I noticed was that the BT Speed Tester Lite (beta) reported 53 Mb all day yesterday even though speedtest.net etc. was saying 8Mb.

http://www.speedtester.bt.com/beta/speedtest-remote.jsp

0 Ratings
normanstephens
Contributor
Message 29 of 45

@pcfarrar wrote:

I emailed the mods about 6.30pm last night. I don't think they will have done anything so quickly.

The other thing I noticed was that the BT Speed Tester Lite (beta) reported 53 Mb all day yesterday even though speedtest.net etc. was saying 8Mb.

http://www.speedtester.bt.com/beta/speedtest-remote.jsp

Things are definitely odd!

The beta tester was giving around 30-39 yesterday for me as well but the FTTC checker was giving 12/16 most of the day and then 5/12 now, speedtest.net etc. giving 10-11/14-16.

The odd thing is my Usenet speed appears to be suggesting 30+ meg the same as the beta test.

0 Ratings
pcfarrar
Aspiring Expert
Message 30 of 45

Mine was the same usenet was running at a much faster speed than HTTP.

0 Ratings