cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
normanstephens
Contributor
Message 31 of 45

Re: Bt Infinity upgrade to 80/20 - botched?!?!

I appreciate your replies mate even though yours is sorted!  Thanks.

0 Ratings
normanstephens
Contributor
Message 32 of 45

Just had a call from one of the mods called Patrick.  Very nice guy!

Reckons it a network issue.

Happy now that someone is definitely looking into it for me 🙂

0 Ratings
normanstephens
Contributor
Message 33 of 45

Had an Openreach chap here for the last two hours - the Sunday morning call took me by surprise but very glad he came!

There is nothing wrong with my line, my router or my modem.

I am getting 54580kbps/22408kbps to the wall socket.  My IP Profile is showing on the checker as 54.06/20 respectively so pretty much as expected (the down profile has change from 50.65 yesterday so someone is tinkering?).

As far as the Openreach chap is concerned, eveything is perfect from his perspective and I should in real terms be seeing 48/15 or thereabouts in real terms.

He is telling me that this is an issue with BT whether it be a wrongly applied cap or something else.

He did say that he was surprised that he was sent round inside the 10 day training period for the line, however he assumes that this is because my initial speed is clearly too low and indicative of a fault/issue/human error somewhere.

infinity-test3.jpg

0 Ratings
normanstephens
Contributor
Message 34 of 45

Well it's getting worse not better and you can now really feel it when browsing. Youtube as you can imagine in 720/1080p is laughable Smiley Very Happy

1meg ADSL days are back, how long til I am that far down memory lane that I am on dial-up I wonder lol.

infinity-test4.jpg

0 Ratings
normanstephens
Contributor
Message 35 of 45

0 Meg download... umm I thought things were slow lol.  Mod Patrick has things in hand thank heavens 🙂 although when a mod tells you its the worst case he has seen since the upgrades it did make me cringe a little!

infinity-test5.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 45

worth noting the BT speedtester has been behaving strangely over the last few days have you tried any other speedtests eg the bt beta test or speedtest.net
0 Ratings
Alan63
Expert
Message 37 of 45

0 Ratings
mtc007
Message 38 of 45

Same problem. Was getting 30/8 before upgrade to 80/20. Now after upgrade only getting around 20Mbps download, with 15Mbps up. BT speed test showing my IP profile download should be 71Mpbs and upload 20Mbps.  Tried rebooting both boxes but makes no difference. Please help, very annoying.

0 Ratings
svennard
Message 39 of 45

Hi, today I ordered inifinity 80 - I already have infinity 40 - I currently get around 38/6. However, I had a speed problem a few weeks ago,where download dropped to 1.5 - 9mb. It stayed like that for 3 days, so called out BT. Very helpful engineer - Turns out that when I connected PC to the home hub via lan, I got 38mb. As soon as I dropped back to the wireless (Netgear WNDA 3100 N grade) the service dropped back to 1.5mb. So - wireless adapter you say? Not really. I then tried the same exercise with my laptop (which has a nice new intel wireless adapter) and I hit exactly the same problem. Despite changing the home hub, the speed problem continued, and the engineer eventually left, having not resolved the problem. Many possibilities including interference from home appliances, and solar panels (roaming modem) that were recently installed.  As it happened, we went on holiday for two weeks the day after the engineers visit. I've been back for a few days now and despite not changing anything, the speed is back up to 38mb on wireless? I'm none the wiser as to whether its the line, the modem, the home hub, or wireless adapters. If your speed issue is continuing, try hardwiring to the home hub - you may have the same issue as me. Svennard

0 Ratings
stuart0870
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 45

Hmm, I came here hoping it I mistaken in my presumptions, but it appears I'm not the only one, I went from 40/10 to 80/20 over the weekend, but whereas I was getting 4MB/sec downloads religiously (my sync speed was 39985 / 9995 is now 79984 / 19999) my downloads are now capping at the 3.8MB level, the estimated speed change when I ordered was 69Mb, sincerely hoping it's just an early anomaly.

😞

Or do they just enable the line increase, and then remove the speed cap at a later time?

0 Ratings