cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 51 of 66

Re: Bt Inifinity VDSL disconnects and slow speeds.

Something I did notice was when they disconnected me from the cabinet on Monday, the stats on the HH5 showed a max sync speed of 75000 and 23000 with a connection speed of 40000 and 15000 approx. I can only assume it was giving these figures as a result of linel attenuation. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 52 of 66

Unlikely to be line attenuation.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 53 of 66

Just seems odd that it is supposed to be disconnected at the cabinet but shows a sync rate. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 54 of 66

@pippincp wrote:

The Openreach engineers who carry out connection repairs (those that call at your house) don't actually work on the cabs, just up to it.

It's the network techs who do the cab repairs and, understandably (to a point) are in short supply.

Also line cards for the DSLAMS (cabinets) aren't exactly cheap, it's not like a PC card.

No consolation to you I know but at least you are getting your ADSL back. Any mention of a refund of the money you've paid while waiting for a repair or even some form of compensation?

The engineer who came said he was trained for doing most things including lift and shift if needed etc. 

I think the cost of parts for the  cabinets is not much when you think they talk of a new cabinet costing £4000 that is not much if everyone connected to it is paying BT £50 a month like me.

My main gripe is if this cabinet was known to be broken they should never have cold called me to sell me a product that I didn't ask for and that they could not provide! 

And as for not switching me back onto my previous working ADSL connection when they knew that the cabinet is broken is just ridiculous ! So I can have only 'no connection at all' but, still have to pay them for a service they cannot and refuse to provide.

I have written to our local newspaper so they can inform the local community that BT are not able to supply FTTC as the cabinet is broken. Hopefully this will stop others the inconvenience of being connected to a faulty Internet  connection and then like me having no connection at all until OR can be bothered to reconnect me to  ADSL. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 55 of 66

Well,  yesterday I received a call from BT India asking if they can mark the fault as resolved, in their idealistic world sending an engineer means it must be fixed!

Today I am supposed to be re connected back on ADSL again as it seems it is not possible for BT Openreach to fix the ECI fibre cabinet. 

I won't be holding my breath on having a working conection for this weekend! 

The service I have got from both BT retail and BT Openreach is nothing short of disgraceful. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 56 of 66

It seems even the Mod dealing with my case has given up now!

Today was the day I was supposed to be put back on ADSL and the Mod was going to call this afternoon to , make sure everything was ok. 

I still am not connected to any working connection vdsl or adsl and the Mod never called. 

What do I have to do to get reconnected to the internet again?

I had a perfectlying good ADSL connection until BT decided to cold call me to sell me infinity and now it seems I won't ever have an Internet connection again.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 57 of 66

Re: It seems even the Mod dealing with my case has given up now!

What do I have to do to get a connection to the internet again before 2020 ? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 58 of 66

it can be up to 12 midnight before adsl goes live
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 59 of 66

Ooh just 5 minutes to go before I have an Internet connection again - oh look , a flying pig. 

BT really are useless, I just don't know why I'm still paying them.

They can't supply me with an internet connection that works but, they can send me 3 cheap and nasty micro filters and a cheap and nasty dsl cable. Things which won't make any difference at all.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 60 of 66

So why haven't you cancelled and gone to another provider?

0 Ratings