cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 61 of 66

Re: It seems even the Mod dealing with my case has given up now!

Because I wanted to be able to say I gave them a chance to put things right but, I just cannot carry on like this.

The problem is,  Whomever I use I will still be at the mercy of BT Openreach to do the actual providing of the service. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 62 of 66

But if you choose someone who has a history of kicking OR really hard and says "Broadband We'll fix your line" then you may get the result you desire.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 63 of 66

Just got a call from BT telling me that my Internet connection is not working !  Wow! 

Apparently, they cancelled my order to be returned to ADSL yesterday. So after waiting a week to be returned to an ADSL connection  that works, I'm still no closer to having a connection but, they can send an engineer on Monday to fix the fibre connection - I smell a rat here. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 64 of 66

I read something interesting earlier which suggests that the ECI cabinets have a much higher failure rate than the Huawei ones.

I still have not been connected back on ADSL as BT cancelled the order due to technical reasons. The thing is there seems there is no technical reason for it not being possible. 

Got another engineer visit booked for tomorrow, so hopefully be able to get him to check the line for faults (of which I'm sure there are none). Then i hope he will diagnose the fault again as being a broken ECI cabinet and disconnect me from infinity at the cabinet and get me reconnected on ADSL.

It seems the only thing that is infinite is the amount of time it is going to take for Openreach to get around to fixing the fibre cabinet and I have no intention of being without an Internet connection until that time.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 65 of 66

I have an internet connection at last! A very helpful engineer arrived this afternoon and had solved the problem before coming to the house. 

Speeds are dropping down a little but, not too bad down to about 64500 now, Which I expected as the line rate settles.

Fixed_090215.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 66 of 66

Well, I have had a good connection now since Monday! It seems there was a few reasons why it took soo long to get resolved. 

First they diagnosed a faulty line card but, that didn't cure the problem and they then reseated the line card (which obviously didn't do anything) Then they thought there was a major case of cross talk on the cable that goes from the Fibre cabinet to the distribution cabinet. However, It was not cross talk but, Actually short circuits in the wiring in this cable that was the problem and probably why BT claimed I'd used 260Gigs of data in a month. They changed this cable but, during the fault finding my connection had been move some places to the wrong port and that is why I had sync but, no PPP. 

Thanks to everyone for their replies on this.

0 Ratings