cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
2,112 Views
Message 21 of 41

Re: Bt Yahoo Mail will not work in australia


@richardbarnett wrote:

Andy --

 

@The issue is that trying to login with an @btinternet.com Yahoo! ID from Australia gives the "This page requires that you have Javascript enabled on your browser" error.

 

This occurs whether using @bt.yahoo.com or au.yahoo.com - it's the @btinternet.com that's causing this.  I can login using my Yahoo! ID richarddbarnett on the same browser without any trouble.  I also tried the bare username (eg xyz in xyz@btinternet.com) & got the CAPTCHA followed by a "bad password" error.

 

I used the Anonymox service which makes it appear as if I'm accessing webmail from the US and this error doesn't occur; I'm able to login successfully.


Hi again.

 

My apologies, I read your initial email as your parents coming from Australia, rather than the other way around. Are you in Australia and your parents have come to you and can't access their btinternet email address via webmail ?

 

For info, the Yahoo! ID is noy the same as part email address and can be completely different - so you would probably get a captcha/bad password if entering the part email address.

 

However having said that, give http://mail.yahoo.com a try, entering the whole btinternet email address as the Yahoo! ID, then the password.


What ISP is this on in Australia ?

 

 

0 Ratings
richardbarnett
Beginner
2,107 Views
Message 22 of 41

Re: Bt Yahoo Mail will not work in australia

Yes, I'm in Aus, my parents are visiting & want to use the BT Internet webmail service.

The test with the "bare username" shows that it's not the CAPTCHA that's the problem but the @btinternet.com integration.

ISP is iiNet, though I don't see how this can be relevant given my experience with AnonymoX.

mail.yahoo.co.uk & mail.yahoo.com don't help.

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
2,082 Views
Message 23 of 41

Re: Bt Yahoo Mail will not work in australia

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
2,074 Views
Message 24 of 41

Re: Bt Yahoo Mail will not work in australia


@richardbarnett wrote:

Yes, I'm in Aus, my parents are visiting & want to use the BT Internet webmail service.

@The test with the "bare username" shows that it's not the CAPTCHA that's the problem but the @btinternet.com integration.

ISP is iiNet, though I don't see how this can be relevant given my experience with AnonymoX.

mail.yahoo.co.uk & mail.yahoo.com don't help.


Hi again.

 

It does seem really weird. I asked what the ISP was in case they might do something specific, or maybe you have to set a proxy server in the browser settings. The captcha thing is another issue, but can appear when the user accesses their email account after say only using imap or pop3. There have been a lot of issues recently with people having problems with pop3 access, but generally access via webmail is fine.

 

@IT could be a Yahoo! issue as you say. I wonder if any users with @btinternet.com using the same Australian ISP have accessed their email fine ?

0 Ratings
gazmanqld
Beginner
2,048 Views
Message 25 of 41

Re: Bt Yahoo Mail will not work in Australia

I'm also having the same issue. Using Telstra Bigpond as ISP, Have tried on 2 different computers using Internet Explorer and Google Chrome, as well as via my iPad. Keep getting the same error that 'Javascript must be enabled', even though it already is !

 

I have tried accessing through the BT portal and the AU Yahoo portal but the same error popped up with each site.

 

Any more ideas on how I can access BT internet mail from Australia ?

 

Thanks

0 Ratings
IanC
Recognised Expert
2,029 Views
Message 26 of 41

Re: Bt Yahoo Mail will not work in Australia

Mmm...I can log in fine with Javascript disabled. Just a thought...have you tried the mobile site ? m.yahoo.com
0 Ratings
GrahamW
Aspiring Contributor
1,937 Views
Message 27 of 41

Re: Bt Yahoo Mail will not work in Australia

Does anyone have a fix for this yet ?

 

I am currently in Australia and am experiencing this problem on a PC, a laptop AND an iPad.  I've also tried several browsers (Opera, IE, Firefox, Safari and SeaMonkey).

 

I have several email addresses; the primary a/c (little used) and about half a dozen others (used) for myself and my partner, both personal and professional.  I use my personal email log in daily to log in and clear out spam.  It is an "Openworld" address and has never been a problem - it is still OK.  We also have no problems getting our mail (using Outlook).

 

HOWEVER - My partner recently tried to log in to her web mail (her "Openworld" address) and got the "Javascript" error.  Thinking that reseting her p/w might fix things, I tried to log in to the primary a/c address (which is a "BTInternet" address).  To my horror I got the Javascript error too.

 

Now in summary; I am still able to log in to web mail using my "daily" Openworld email address - but can't log in using the primary address or any of the other email addresses.  Although we still receive our mail, until this is fixed I can't manage the account at all.

 

I am using Telstra (BigPond) and have no other issues of web or email access at all.  In fact, with 100mbps bandwidth, everything is much better than in my London flat where I only had 8mbps.

 

I have deleted all Java stuff and re-applied the latest 32-bit version.  But I can't believe that this is really a Javascript issue - otherwise why would it allow one log in but not the others ?  Also, it seems unlikely that the same JS error would affect the desktop, laptop AND iPad.

 

On the one hand, it's a "non issue" - there's no real day to day problem.

 

On the other, the inability to access anything to do with my account setting is worrying.

 

A fix, or work-around, would be most welcome.

 

 

 

 

 

Regards

 

Graham

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
1,925 Views
Message 28 of 41

Re: Bt Yahoo Mail will not work in Australia


@GrahamW wrote:

Does anyone have a fix for this yet ?

 

I am currently in Australia and am experiencing this problem on a PC, a laptop AND an iPad.  I've also tried several browsers (Opera, IE, Firefox, Safari and SeaMonkey).

 

I have several email addresses; the primary a/c (little used) and about half a dozen others (used) for myself and my partner, both personal and professional.  I use my personal email log in daily to log in and clear out spam.  It is an "Openworld" address and has never been a problem - it is still OK.  We also have no problems getting our mail (using Outlook).

 

HOWEVER - My partner recently tried to log in to her web mail (her "Openworld" address) and got the "Javascript" error.  Thinking that reseting her p/w might fix things, I tried to log in to the primary a/c address (which is a "BTInternet" address).  To my horror I got the Javascript error too.

 

Now in summary; I am still able to log in to web mail using my "daily" Openworld email address - but can't log in using the primary address or any of the other email addresses.  Although we still receive our mail, until this is fixed I can't manage the account at all.

 

I am using Telstra (BigPond) and have no other issues of web or email access at all.  In fact, with 100mbps bandwidth, everything is much better than in my London flat where I only had 8mbps.

 

I have deleted all Java stuff and re-applied the latest 32-bit version.  But I can't believe that this is really a Javascript issue - otherwise why would it allow one log in but not the others ?  Also, it seems unlikely that the same JS error would affect the desktop, laptop AND iPad.

 

On the one hand, it's a "non issue" - there's no real day to day problem.

 

On the other, the inability to access anything to do with my account setting is worrying.

 

A fix, or work-around, would be most welcome.

 

 

Regards

 

Graham


Hi. Welcome to the forums.

 

Thanks for the info regarding access via Outlook, so pop3/imap works fine - just access to webmail via a browser.

 

Just for information, Java is not the same as Javascript, not even close. The only thing in common is the name.

 

Can you say what you've tried as access ? E.g.

 

http://mail.yahoo.com

 

http://mail.yahoo.co.uk

 

http://att.yahoo.com

 

It's interesting that it's not every sub account, indicating some form of account access differences causing the issue - notwithstanding that it has so far only seems to be in Australia.

 

0 Ratings
GrahamW
Aspiring Contributor
1,906 Views
Message 29 of 41

Re: Bt Yahoo Mail will not work in Australia

Javascript isn't Java.  How stupid do I look !

 

Ho hum.

 

I get the same js error with the first two links.  When I try the AT&T one I am sent to a login which doesn't even recognise my email/pw (I think it's an AT&T log in, rather than a Yahoo one).

 

So it seems, as I suspected, that it's a "web site problem" and nothing to do with my installatiion.  That's why it affects the desktop, laptop and iPad.

 

Is anyone looking into a fix ?

 

 

 

 

 

Regards

 

Graham

 

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
1,888 Views
Message 30 of 41

Re: Bt Yahoo Mail will not work in Australia


@GrahamW wrote:

Javascript isn't Java.  How stupid do I look !

 

Ho hum.

 

I get the same js error with the first two links.  When I try the AT&T one I am sent to a login which doesn't even recognise my email/pw (I think it's an AT&T log in, rather than a Yahoo one).

 

So it seems, as I suspected, that it's a "web site problem" and nothing to do with my installatiion.  That's why it affects the desktop, laptop and iPad.

 

Is anyone looking into a fix ?

 

 

Regards

 

Graham

 


I only put the att one in to check what happens, as they are also a Yahoo! partner.

 

As you've said it only affects a few of your accounts, not all, it must be something more than just a web site issue - and tied up with various sub accounts somehow (not your problem of course). At least with that infomation, passing the details to the moderators (via the online form) might be the best option - giving them examples of an email address that works, and one that doesn't.

 

Without that info, or other similar complaints, I don't expect any form of fix or cause is being investigated. It would be a Yahoo! issue specifically.

 

Also it may affect ATT customers as well, but I've not read any of their forums to check.

0 Ratings