cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phillnjack
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 25

Bt broadband is a joke, how can they call it broadband when my old dial up was better

Ive been with bt now for about 6 years and i can honestly say that the service is terrible.

The so called broadband connection goes off when it feels like it.

I phone bt and get some idiot in india who thinks im a cretin who knows nothing and tells me my pc is at fault.

Every now and then i manage to get put through to someone in uk who then tells me it will be ok in a few hours.

Well no its not ok, my connection drops all the time, its so slow i cannot do a  bt speed test as the connection drops off.

I have upgraded to the 40meg a month deal, and that didnt improve things, now i get people phoning me asking if i want to spend even more money and upgrade to high speed fibre optic broadband that gives me 39meg  ha ha ha . My connection is supposed to be upto 20mb but to download a 2 mb file takes about 5 minutes on a real good day and about 30 mins on average.My old dial up was faster.

I switched to bt from blueyonder dial up. that was the worst thing i done,they never treated me as bad as bt and i never did have pc connection going off all the time,it was just slow.

I will be contacting bt again tommorow and if i dont get any satisfactory answers i will probably end my contract with them as they have broken it time and time again by not providing me with broadband 24 hours a day.

Also the phone number 0800 111 4567 dont seem to be working to let anyone know about a fault.

phill

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
chris6273
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 25

Re: Bt broadband is a joke, how can they call it broadband when my old dial up was better

Hi phill,

Is there any chance you could post your line stats so we can see if we can fix this issue? (You can find them by following the instructions here: http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php)

Thanks 🙂

Like this post? Give it a Star :D. If this post answers your question, please Mark it as the Accepted Solution.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
phillnjack
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 25

Re: Bt broadband is a joke, how can they call it broadband when my old dial up was better

well getting the figures you want seems impossible.

cant even find the router on the page. my router is bt homehub 2.0  at the bottom it says v 2.0 type B

0 Ratings
Paingiver
Contributor
Message 4 of 25

Select the "BT Home Hub" link.

0 Ratings
phillnjack
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 25

Is this what your after

VPI/VCI                                            0/38

TYPE                                               PPPoA

Modulation                                        G.992.1 Annex A

Latency type                                     interleaved    

Noise margin      (down/up)                 10.3 db/ 23.0 db   

Line attenuation (down/up)                 30.9 db/ 18.0 db

output  power    (down/up)                10.4 dbm / 1.6 dbm

phill

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 25

Hi could you also click on the show detail tab on that page and also please run a bt speedtest as that will help in showing what your problem is an assist in sorting it for you http://speedtester.bt.com/
0 Ratings
phillnjack
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 25

cant run the bt speed stester due to broadband keep cutting out.

how do i get the other things you aslked for    / is it the bits at the top of same page ?

phill

0 Ratings
phillnjack
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 25

is it this stuff

line state                            connected

connection time                  0 days  13;24;19

downstream                      6,624 kbs

upstream                            448  kbs

phill

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 25

not bad down load speeds for an up to 8mb service that you are on 6,6mb sync and a 5.7mb throughput figure taken from another of your posts nothing wrong with those speeds at all sounds like all that needs sorting out is your disconnections which cannot be that bad as your last disconnection was 13 hours ago because if they were it would have affected your ip profile and dramatically reduced your throughput
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 25

also they have not broken there contract as they do not guarantee a 24/7 connection no provider does
0 Ratings