cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmosley
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 25

Re: Bt broadband is a joke, how can they call it broadband when my old dial up was better

Nah thats where your wrong LLU operators own their own equpiment in the exchange (Not Via BT's ADSL Hardware) Menaing the LLU operators have full controll over their internet services in the exchange.

This article may help explain what Iam trying to say better (Scroll down to after the adverts) 😉

And yep use to be real high tech round here as well (Not!) Till a few month ago Smiley Tongue

phillnjack
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 25

Re: Bt broadband is a joke, how can they call it broadband when my old dial up was better

so if i switched to someone with llu they could give me faster connection even down the same phone line that im using now ?  mmmmmmmmmmm   interesting

Looks like orange might be getting a call from then, they also do a cheaper package and give unlimited allowance instead of 40gig.

anyway ,now you see why ive got the hump, i get lied to when they sold me the upgrade to option 2 telling me it would be faster, then lied to again by being offered an upgrade to more speed that is physically impossible due to the exchange not even having such stuff.

phill

0 Ratings
Highlighted
lmosley
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 25

I get what you mean 😛

you usually find LLU operators to be faster as long as there enabled at your exchange. (Yep they use the BT line but have their own BB equipment in the exchange) 😉

Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 25

When your exchange is upgraded to adsl2 you will be upgraded to it at no extra cost that happens to everyone when an upgrade happens
As To fibre fibre runs from the exchange to the local green street cabinet and from there to your home over the existing copper cables so fibre could be available without
Fibre being laid in your road
0 Ratings
phillnjack
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 25

To have fibre optic broadband to my pc there needs to be a fibreoptic cable running to my desk, im not talking about silly stuff im talking about genuine fibre optic braodband.

fibreoptic cannot come down the old telephone wires we have, thatt is not true fibre optic broadband.

Its either copper or fibre, you cant have it both ways.

and when i just looked at the site mentioned above ,it all starts to make sense, im being conned by what ive been sold, and the price is way too expensive.

My latest bill is £81 for 3 months. out of that only £1.79 was for calls made, i only have 1 house phone and one pc.  there is so many more providers offering much cheaper packages.

so im paying roughly £28 per month for a slow old fashioned connection, im even more daft than i thought i was.

But ive been ENLIGHTENED tonight !!!!!!!!!

phill

0 Ratings