cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tizz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Bt broadband online gaming upload speed!

I'm not that tech smart so go easy on me fellow helpers! I have the bt broadband 17mb unlimited package. I actually receive the speeds I'm meant to as in 17mb download and 1mb upload at best. I have the bt hub 4 and and I heard through online forums that i could get a better upload speed for gaming but that would come at a loss of download speed. Any help or ideas people? I'm getting desperate because fibre optic has a huge queue in my area.
Tags (2)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Bt broadband online gaming upload speed!

you already have the maximum available speed for BT Broadband the only way to get a faster upload is to move to fibre
0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

The speeds for ADSL aren't controllable by you, or even by BT.  There was an SDSL service long ago which gave the same speeds up and down, but that was business-only, and was quite limited in speed (up to 2M if I remember correctly).

Otherwise, the fastest speed you ever get on ADSL2+ is about 1.1M up if you're getting around 18M down.  The whole system is designed to leave more bandwidth for download than upload, because most people are just consumers of data.

0 Ratings
tizz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

I guess I'll have to leave bt then. Standard sky internet or virgin fibre optic?
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

moving to sky will not get you any faster speed as the also use the same ADSL2+ SYSTEM you could always move to BT infinity if available in your area
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Can you run this checker for your number and post up the results please - http://www.dslchecker.bt.com
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings