cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

Bt caller privacy

Hi just got my Jan bill and had a surprise that i was paying 1.75 for caller privacy...i assume BT told me and i didn't register that it would now be a charge . Anyway i read that you can get BT Privacy with Caller Display free for 12 months if you sign up to a 12-month line rental contract. What i want to know is how does this work if i just renewed my line rental saver in December? Are the 2 connected? Not sure what the word "contract " means here. Worse comes to worse, i will just have to remove the caller display which is a pain but am firstly trying to see if i can get it for free!! Thanks for any help!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Bt caller privacy

Try calling the Options Team 0800.800.030 and see what they can do for you. It might mean having to re contract but as you are only a month in I would imagine that shouldn't be a big issue to you.

Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

ok that was my next step anyway thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 6

The periods for Line Rental Saver and BT Privacy with Free Caller Display are different.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

I think BT are making a big marketing mistake charging for Caller Display. If one of the mobile operators started charging for caller display they would soon loose a lot of customers. BT should be making users comfortable using their BT phone. If they receive calls on their land line they are more likely to use it for return calls. Most people have busy lives they don't want to be phoning up to get it free - Most want it to work without any hassle of having to contact BT - Make it standard and improve the user experience. You'll make a lot more money with happy customers.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

They are offering 12 months freecaller display.

Go to   bt.com/freecallerdisplay

Complete the small form and it should be sorted within 24 hrs, mine was.

0 Ratings