cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris1976
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Bt cancelled my contract!

Absolutely furious!, i was a new customer to BT, had the service for a month and was very happy and couldnt fault it .  Due to a banking error i had a returned direct debit for the first bill including set up fees, only noticed when i checked account and saw it and also saw they were taking it again and thought this one would go through without any problems as my wages were due to go in .  The second DD was also returned for some reason.  Im not the best at checking my account and realised a week later at which point i rang BT billing on the 9 th september, explained that i did'nt realise and apologised for the banking error and stated that i would be able to pay the full amount and get up to date once paid on the last working day of the month.  i ring up to pay my bill as promised on monday the 3rd of october only to be told that my contract has been cancelled and i will incur cancellation charges. I said that i had spoken to an agent on the 9th of september and couldnt understand why my account would then have been cancelled.  Having spoken to 3 agents, 1 manager and e mailed a complaint they are all adamant im going to pay these cancellation charges and conveniently disregard any call made on the 9th of september.  The customer service i recieved has been nothing short of shocking and iv never known a company turn down an offer of payment in all my life.  £170 in todays economy is always hard to find but thats what i was due to pay on the 3rd of october and i just wanted to get up to date and set up a DD for the right time in the month to avoid any further banking errors/miss-haps.  This is the worst experience iv ever had with a company and there customer service department, nobody has done a thing to help me or find a resolution and it appears BT are happier to wean as much money out of people in the short term, rather than accumulate happy customers paying for a service over the long term.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Bt cancelled my contract!

have you tried the live chat link at the top of the forum - for billing problems

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
chris1976
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Bt cancelled my contract!

yes, just finished and been informed that once i activate a new line with a new account number i will be refunded the cancellation fees, all seems a little pointless if u ask me, why not just accept payment for previous bill in first place?
0 Ratings