cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phoenix81uk
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Bt cancelled my order WTF

I arranged with bt on 3rd October to switch my phone broadband to etc to new address on the 19th all seemed well order showed when I tracked my order on the morning of the 18th got a txt saying all will be done for the next day

All good

Then later on in day about 4pm received a text saying my order was cancelled so I phoned bt to be told that they can no longer do it some bs story about last owner not cancelling their line which I know they have done as when I hooked my phone up there is no line
2 hrs on phone getting passed around departments and finally someone just hanging up on me after just taking my name etc I turned to live online chat another 2 hrs wasting my time on that which confused me
Even more and left me with more questions seemed to be getting some answers around 855 pm when guy on chat went to check something to never return and disconnect chat as it finishes at 9pm

Still don't know why it was cancelled don't know what I'm to do

Both me and my partner rely on phone and internet to make our living and are furious about the service and treatment so far been a customer for a long time but seriously considering looking elsewhere after the way they have handled things moving is stressful enough without the added incompetence of bt to carry out their promises

Hopefully get some answers tomorrow
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Bt cancelled my order WTF

@Phoenix81uk wrote:

Both me and my partner rely on phone and internet to make our living

Is this a BT Business line (for running a business or making money), or a Residential one (intended primarily for entertainment only).

If the last owner only just cancelled their line, then ther is likely to be about a 14 day delay before any new order can be placed with another Service Provider, including BT Retail, Sky etc.

0 Ratings
Phoenix81uk
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

It's a residential line if that's the case why not say to me on the 3rd make sure with current occupiers that they have put in place cancellation for the line the line is dead we tried our phone on it so it has been cancelled before our line was due to be active
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.
Everyone posting here, are just BT customers like myself.

There has to be a cease and reprovide, which takes quite a while. If you had requested a working line takeover, provided the other person was on BT Retail, then the process is slightly quicker.

Try the  Order Live Chat Team

Business lines do get priority over residential.

0 Ratings