cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joe_2slow
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Bt contact number

Probably not the right forum but i recently called bt because my broadband had broken down. Today I got a text from 07800004211 claiming to be a survey from BT. Anyone know if it's legit?
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
mr_cj_knight
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Bt contact number

@Joe_2slowwrote:
Probably not the right forum but i recently called bt because my broadband had broken down. Today I got a text from 07800004211 claiming to be a survey from BT. Anyone know if it's legit?

Exactly the same experience - Wants you to reply to a text message re survey of the experience with the engineer, or to text "stop" if you don't want further surveys. I callblocked it.

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Bt contact number

@mr_cj_knightwrote:

@Joe_2slowwrote:

Exactly the same experience - Wants you to reply to a text message re survey of the experience with the engineer, or to text "stop" if you don't want further surveys. I callblocked it.

Hi.

According to this topic thread :-

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Does-BT-send-text-messages-from-44-7800-004211-regarding-...

it's a legitimate BT number.

However virtually all the reports on who calls me/who called me etc say it's a scam (not sure how it would be a scam as such) - as well as many saying they received this text despite not being with BT.

Seem like BT don't learn, or don't check properly whether a mobile given is the correct one.

0 Ratings