cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stu_H
Contributor
Message 1 of 20

Bt dont keep customers in touch with whats going on with Inifinity

I have once again just wasted a day off work due to BT not arriving to install my Inifinity. This is the second time!

The first time the engineer arrived but told me cabinet was not complete then this time BT knew the cabinet still requires work yet failed to tell me so I have been sat here waiting.

Next appointment made but if this is delayed or cant be done I will have to cancel the Infinity order as I cant keep having time off.

Have been offered a months line rental but sadly I have lost a days work which is worth a lot more.

Why phone me and tell/offer me it when I simply cant have it ?

Am I the only one with this problem.

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: Bt dont keep customers in touch with whats going on with Inifinity

Hi
your isp is BT Retail the installation of your infinity service is done by OPENREACH as is the installation of new fibre cabinets it is very possible that the update information about your cabinet has not yet reached BT RETAIL
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 20

Hi Stu_H,

If you can fill out the contact us form in the "about me" section of my profile, we can take a look at this for you.

Cheers,
Chris
BT Moderator Team
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
Stu_H
Contributor
Message 4 of 20

Hi Christopher

Many thanks for your reply, I'll fill the form in.

I'm just finding this a bit of a nightmare as I cant just keep having time off. I'm self employed and its a days work lost but at least today I could get out and do a few hours after I found out.

0 Ratings
Stu_H
Contributor
Message 5 of 20

Sorry John just seen your reply.

Thanks for the comments.

0 Ratings
uklee
Contributor
Message 6 of 20

I think this matter is really important.

When i placed my order for Infinity it was submitted sucessfully - all the emails came back confirming the order. The following morning the engineer appointment was no longer active. The order had in fact failed. Why can this not be flagged up in tHe BT system so the customer is called to inform them of the problem?

I also registered on the Bt Infinity site to be kept informaed and updated when Infinity became avaible on my exchange. It went live three weeks ago. So far no email from Bt -whats the point in registering a interest if they dont let you know when the product is live?

Lee

0 Ratings
Stu_H
Contributor
Message 7 of 20

Lee my account is still showing the appointment for the 22nd of August with an activation date of 5th September. If I had received a call or email to let me know I would have been fine about it and then arranged my work load to fit in but I work for the same customer on Mondays and now this is 3 Mondays lost and last night I was very close to losing the contract with this customer. Thankfully I have offered to work Sundays to make up on lost time for the customer and she agreed but we still have to arrange these dates.

If I could have had a Saturday slot at least it would not have been such a large problem.

So in all I have lost 3 days of work for the same customer if I include the 5th. Not good for my business and not good for my pocket.

0 Ratings
slayer1551
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 20

I know how you feel, I've had an engineer booked to visit for the 19th, 20th, 21st and 22nd and each time they failed to show up. Although I'm not self employed I am in a wheelchair and pay for my care so each day I've spent money on having to have someone wait in with me as for 5 hours only to have no one turn up so that.
0 Ratings
Stu_H
Contributor
Message 9 of 20

Sorry to hear that Slayer.

I do hope in the end they sort out your problems too.

0 Ratings
MrMarf
Beginner
Message 10 of 20

I've also had four, count em four failed engineer visits. Zero call backs when promised also.

Considering Infinity is BT's flagship retail product, its shocking at best, belligerent at worst.

0 Ratings