Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mamba28
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Bt email sub account problem

Hi 

i have been trying to make my first email sub account but with no luck, I set up the account fine but when I try an sign in with it I get the invalid email message come up and can't sign in, I have checked in the manage sub account tab but it says I have no sub account made, I have tried making several more but am still having the same issue? Can someone please help with this I would really appreciate it

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Bt email sub account problem

@Mamba28 wrote:

Hi 

i have been trying to make my first email sub account but with no luck, I set up the account fine but when I try an sign in with it I get the invalid email message come up and can't sign in, I have checked in the manage sub account tab but it says I have no sub account made, I have tried making several more but am still having the same issue? Can someone please help with this I would really appreciate it

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Another poster reported a similar problem. Have a look at the thread here :-

http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/Creating-new-e-mail-sub-account/m-p/763814#M42812

That poster was using a 4 letter email address, perhaps you were trying something similar or that small (don't say what of course).

If you've not done so, try adding a number or a "period" character.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

I had a similar problem yesterday when trying to create a sub account for one of my granddaughters.

Lots of similar messages which I eventually figured out. It was due to the e-mail address already in use on the system by  something else, perhaps a lapsed or suspended one?

There is some strange "error" message which comes up when you try and create the sub account.

I did eventually find an e-mail address that was accepted.

Out of interest, I tried to create one that I knew existed already, and got the expected "in use" message.

My conclusion was that if you try to create an e-mail address which has been somehow blocked by Yahoo, then you get unpredictable error messages, and not the normal expected one.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

I had a similar problem yesterday when trying to create a sub account for one of my granddaughters.

Lots of similar messages which I eventually figured out. It was due to the e-mail address already in use on the system by  something else, perhaps a lapsed or suspended one?

There is some strange "error" message which comes up when you try and create the sub account.

I did eventually find an e-mail address that was accepted.

Out of interest, I tried to create one that I knew existed already, and got the expected "in use" message.

My conclusion was that if you try to create an e-mail address which has been somehow blocked by Yahoo, then you get unpredictable error messages, and not the normal expected one.

That's what I concluded on the other thread I mentioned, though I felt it was a lapsed old primary rather than a suspended one - though I guess it's equally as likely. In the other thread there was no error message, just a congratulations for creating a new account Smiley Surprised

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

It just would have been nice to have a more informative message, I lost count of the number of times I had to re-enter the rest of the account details like DOB, postcode etc.

It must have taken me at least 30 minutes, I wonder how many people simply gave up, and used a different e-mail provider.

0 Ratings