cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

Bt emails to trash

Go to solution
I am new to BT. My Bt emails go into my in box my emails also go to outlook however as soon as I look at my outlook emails the ones in my BT in box go to trash folder. Just wondered is this correct or do I need to do some think in order they stay in my BT in box until I want to delete them. Can any one please help in this matter
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Bt emails to trash

Go to solution

@JimboAlfie wrote:
I am new to BT. My Bt emails go into my in box my emails also go to outlook however as soon as I look at my outlook emails the ones in my BT in box go to trash folder. Just wondered is this correct or do I need to do some think in order they stay in my BT in box until I want to delete them. Can any one please help in this matter

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

In order to keep the emails within the webmail Inbox (which you have called the BT inbox), you need to set an option in the Outlook settings "Leave a copy of messages on the server" or similar words.

The emails end up in the Trash folder after a dowload into a mail client such as Outlook without that option set. Emails are then deleted from the Trash folder after a period of time, possibly on a set day each week.

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Just to add a little explanation to AN's reply. In Outlook, the option to leave messages on the server is disabled by default. So messages would probably have disappeared from the server of your previous ISP, but if there was no webmail facility (as there is with BT) you would not have known about it.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
Hi Thanks for your information. I will do what you have adviced . Once I bring up outlook settings . Not to bright when it comes to computers will let you know when I got it working. Many thanks JimboAlfie
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks for your information
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
Hi I have followed your instructions you sent me and I am pleased to say that it has worked. Many thanks for your helpfull advice JimboAlfie
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7
Moved:

Go to solution
0 Ratings