cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Bt have failed me

Go to solution
After wasting my time with the disgraceful customer service I visited this forum for any help , all I needed was an engineer to come and connect my broadband up , so after posting about my lack of help through customer service I got a response and was contacted to book me an engineer today . The engineer would call between 0800 and 1300 which now has passed , if I can ever get through to customer service I'm cancelling my account and will look for another internet provider I will never touch BT again .
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Bt have failed me

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

BT Retail do not provide or maintain the external network or connect up broadband. This is done by Openreach (A BT Group Business) who work for all Service Providers apart from Virgin Media. BT Retail do not get any special treatment.

Delays are normally due to Openreach, especially at this time of the year.

Cancelling will delay things even further.

Is your phone line working?

What did you order, normal broadband or BT Infinity?

Try the  Order Live Chat Team they should be able to tell you what the delay is, and see when the job will be issued.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Greenman1

Thanks for posting back!

I'm sorry that the engineer didn't arrive.  I can see that @JohnC2 is managing your complaint and he will be following up with you again tomorrow.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

finally the engineer turned up, not on time but connected the broadband, he was given the job late so i cannot blame him for not meeting the time, management above needs to address this and sort out communication, i'm not happy with the way things have been dealt with and has left a bitter taste, the previous engineer for the initial line fault turned up on a different day to which customer sevice had arranged with me so this is'nt a one off, (customer service is non existent) .Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

The only issue now is its not fast enough on normal broadband

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Can you use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.
http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

@Greenman1 wrote:

the previous engineer for the initial line fault turned up on a different day to which customer sevice had arranged with me so this is'nt a one off, (customer service is non existent) .Smiley Mad

That can happen if the task is built wrong, and is not done as an appointment. It can also happen if the work allocation people decide to issue it early to reduce the work queue, without reading the notes.

It can also happen if BT do not specify it as an appointment in a time slot.

So it can be either Openreach, BT , or even a system error.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
Not sure how to post a screenshot on here
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

@Greenman1 wrote:

In the Reply text box click the picture icon arrowed in the screenshot below > click Browse and find the file on your computer > double-click the file > click Insert Image.

Capture.JPG

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

@Greenman1 wrote:

Also see https://community.bt.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/images#images

0 Ratings