cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Bt home hub v1 resetting frequently

have had this since it first came availible, lately it has started to reset itself every few hours and getting more frequent which is starting to get very annoying when it constantly kicks me out of lots of game sessions with friends

not sure what i can do about it, but nothing happens if you dont go asking for advice and google was absolutely useless on this

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Bradlewis
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Bt home hub v1 resetting frequently

I had this issue about 3 months after i started my contract with BT, After 2 phone calls i got a v2 sent out for free. Im really not sure if this helps but you could try giving them a call a telling them your issue.

Mine was restarting itself about every 30 mins, they said it might be an "overload issue" as i had BB, phone and BT vidion connected to it and it wasnt designed for all them 🙂   

0 Ratings
Conz81
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Hi  tey,

Brad may have been lucky, in the sense that he only had to call twice and they replaced the hub, but, as far as I'm aware, Full troubleshooting will need to be carried out in order for you to get a new Home hub for a dropping connection.

Check out this link and carry out the steps to ensure that the dropping connection isn't in relation to your internal wiring or setup:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7609/c/346,4740,4740/related/1

Pay particular attention to the Test socket, if you have one, and leave the hub connected to this for at least 24 hours to see if the connection drops. If it doesn't, you'll know that the Hub and BT Network is not at fault, and the cause is within your home. If it does drop in the test socket, however, Contact BT Technical Support and report the issue.

Also, the hub will only be replaced free of charge if you are still within your Broadband contract term, or if you decide to renew your contract and this might be beneficial too!

Cheers

Conz81

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’

Cheers
Conz81

0 Ratings
Highlighted
tey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

none of the listed possibilities are causing it, looks like i might have to go and look up a cheaper broadband supplier and get a cheap router from a local retailer

0 Ratings
tey
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

this is getting more frequent and extremely annoying, with bt not even attempting to give a solution its turning into a sad joke

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Contact the board mod and get there help forum.moderation.team@bt.com all emails are dealt with in turn and and sometime can take up to 72 hours to get a reply
0 Ratings