cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WelshSkipper
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Bt infinity 2 awful for months

Hi i have BT Infinity 2 80 meg unlimited, the cabinet is right outside my house and the exchange is about 100 yards from my house.

However my fibre is dreadful, it disconnects 4 - 5 times every day, by this i mean router just randomly goes orange and then back to blue straight away, and i never get more than 40 - 44 mb download, i would normally be happy with this but since i'm paying for the full 80 meg only being able to get half that speed is not acceptable, when i first got the fibre installed i was getting 70 - 80 mbps without issues.
i have recently noticed that i share a main phone line coming from the telephone pole outside with the joined house next door? Would this cause issues? He also has fibre with sky. Is there any way to get my own independant phone line installed from the pole to my house?
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Bt infinity 2 awful for months

Are you connecting wired or wirelessly?

Can you post up the connection stats from
The helpdesk page of yor home hub or router?

You don't share a phone line, there will be multiple pairs of copper wires (one pair for each phone line) coming from the pole.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Bt infinity 2 awful for months

if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

if you have new Hh6 smart hub then go to hub manager then advanced then technical log aand post results

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with wired connection  btspeedtester

are you using the test socket with a new filter even if you have a SSFP

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number Wholesale FTTC

try quiet line test   dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings