cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grahd
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Bt infinity disconnects atleast once every 3 hours

Title says all really getting annoying, everything is connected properly just don't understand why it's been doing this for nearly 2 months was fine when we first got the hh2 anyone else have a similiar issue and get a fix?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 9

Re: Bt infinity disconnects atleast once every 3 hours

Hi Grahd,

If you're still having problems with this, could you post up whether:

- you're connecting wirelessly or via ethernet

- you notice any of the lights changing on your Homehub or Openreach modem when the connection drops

- what messages/icons you see on your screen when the connection drops

- what steps you have already tried to fix this

- anything else which you have noticed which may be of use in diagnosing this problem

as some of the other users may have had similar problems and found relatively easy fixes, but we need more information on your setup before coming to any conclusions.

Cheers

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
sicknote00
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 9

grahd...is your modem wall mounted or laying on a desktop or similar?
Q. There is smoke coming out of my open reach box... so can I have a new one.
A. Sorry sir, The fault is showing at the exchange so your box should be ok.
BRING BACK UK CALL CENTRES!!!!!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Grahd
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

I'm connecting wirelessly

All four of the lights stay on when the connection drops

It normally goes onto limited connectivity on all of the computers

Have reset the hub to factory settings

and the Hub is placed on the floor downstairs it also happens to every computer in the house at the same time

Thanks for the replies

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Grahd if the router has three blue lights it sounds like an issue with your wirless network which are becoming more problematic as more people start to use them. Download Inssider2 which is a free programme that will check what frequecies are being used near you pick one as far away as possible from other networks and change it on the router settings. Other ideas are to make sure you are using the most up to date drivers for your wireless cards.

0 Ratings
Grahd
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Trying the inssider2 thing now and I forgot to mention that it happens to all the computers/devices in the house at the same time and edited my previous post with that, also it has 4 blue lights on even whilst the connection has dropped not 3

Thanks for the reply
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Hi my hub has only 3 lights but no matter. Try to isolate the issue as there are several things are possible causes but it is sensible to eliminate the most common first which is interference on the wireless signal. It also worth trying a wired connection if that stays stable we know for definite there is a wireless problem.

0 Ratings
Grahd
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

It's still happening and tried everything apart from checking with a wired connection as I don't have a long enough ethernet cable to go from router to a laptop for 3 hours or more as its in the hallway

0 Ratings
seab20
Expert
Message 9 of 9

yeh i would also say its an issue with wireless, once the wireless has dropped why not go and plug the laptop in then and test it. you could always see if you can get a HH3 as a replacement that my perform better

0 Ratings