cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clayton_ni
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Bt infinity speed drop

Hi My speeds are fine all day getting what I'm ment to be getting but during the evening they drop way below guaranteed speeds. Been on the phone to bt call centre india two or three times but there no help can anybody help m thanks
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Bt infinity speed drop

post the stats from your hub and also run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  do this when speed is good and in evening when there are problems

which exchange and cab are you on

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Clayton_ni
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Hi. I'm new to this how or where do I go to post that stuff I just normally use speed test and my speed normally runs steady 50 to 60 meg but evenings can drop to as low as 5 meg for a few hours. My exchange is in armoy northern Ireland. Thanks for your help
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

run the test here using a wired connection  when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Clayton_ni
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Hi. I have no way of running it wired unless it works on xbox one I'm afraid
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

only the reults of a wired connection are acceptable to show low download speed as wireless are affected by your home conditions and no ISP guarantees speed on wifi

0 Ratings
Clayton_ni
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Ok understand that I'll get them posted soon as. It's just it happens every evening and it's really annoying my wifi speeds are always consistently good right beside hub. Until the evening and it slows down really bad. Is there anyway of letting bt know without having to go through an Indian call centre. And thanks for all your help
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

the forum mods will be able to help/check your exchange but need btspeedtster wired diagnostic results showing speed when good and then again when bad

0 Ratings
Clayton_ni
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

No sweat I'll get them posted soon as I can thanks for your help
0 Ratings