cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 13

Bt is rubbish

I've had problems with my broadband since last year and am posting on here hoping someone from bt will see !!! I'm sick to death of them I ring and after an hour of trying to understand what the people on the other end of the phone ate saying I give up they haven't a clue what's happening with bt and the upgrade that's plastered all over the tv and think I'm lying they say I dont have emails informing me of the upgrade I'm a liar and there is nothing wrong with my broadband and I'm still having problems my contract is not up until June and I can't wait they are a waste of space when I do ring to go through to disconnections they refuse to put me through when I ask for an English speaking person they put me through to a none English call centre but I guarantee u come June when I'm due to renew I'll get English speakin !!!! I signed up to btfon and that never works and neither does btopenzone I've never known such an incompetent company.... I'm still waiting a call back from last year and one from 3 weeks ago where I was promised a call between certain hours and sat in all day waiting for the call... If there is anyone with an ounce of decency in bt please fix my problem as tomorrow I'm cancelling my direct debit bet you'll call me then !!!!! Bt is total rubbish and I'm being very polite saying that !!!!!!
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Bt is rubbish

you are posting on a public forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators every one else here are BT customers helping each other
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 13

ah let him have a rant, god knows i empathise with him

sometimes this is the only place u can get people in the uk to see u have a problem.

hopefully the mods will see his frustration and maybe able to engage with him and help him.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

to get assistance from the mods or forum members you need to post the adsl stats from your router and also run btspeedtester and post the results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Message 5 of 13

Question: If you ran a company and employed agents in call centres would you a) pay someone in England £300 a week or b) Pay someone in India £20 per week and a bowl of rice ?

Simples no ?
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 13

Depends how much  broadband means to the end user and what they will pay, I'm happy with my option 3, cost performance and usage. I could go with a solely British based ISP, however its very very much more expensive and more than my mortgage!

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 13

@brokenflipflop wrote:
Question: If you ran a company and employed agents in call centres would you a) pay someone in England £300 a week or b) Pay someone in India £20 per week and a bowl of rice ?

Simples no ?

Could equally be Scotland, Northern Ireland or Wales, either way I'd personally use UK staff as the amount of extra work caused by using an offshore call centre often defeats the whole cost-saving idea (not to mention levels of customer satisfaction).

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 13

I know of one soley UK based ISP, it wont give unlimited but building a similar package as Bt offers me and my usage it comes in around £700.00+ per month.  Now thats British value for money.

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 13

Cay for what it's worth, don't even bother with calling "deep space nine" (India). I can't understand a word they say, and I can barely hear them.

I have had much more help, advice and action from BT by using this forum.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 13

Wow u sound just like me they are ridiculous!!!!!!!! Have no idea!!!!!
0 Ratings