cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Bt netprotect plus

Since having the new version I have been bombarded by alerts.Some of these are to do with artemis viruses which keep being quarantined.Endless orange alerts appear in the corner.I looked at navigation history and found that my pc has been attacked 250 times in 24 hrs and connections to various ip adresses have been blocked. Am I only noticing this as the software has been updated and presumably setting are changed or should i be WORRIED.Mc affe assures me my pc is safe and protected but It doesnt feel like it.My husband was trying to buy something on ebay and the constant alerts prevented normal use.

It doesnt seem right to me

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Bt netprotect plus

If you are being alerted to the Artemis Virus I would be concerned. It is actualy malware rather than a virus.

You need to download and install Malwarebytes and run a full scan. It may be that the virus will not let you download Malwarebytes in which case you will need to download it to another computer and put it onto a pendrive or CD and transfer it onto your infected computer then run it. Carry out a full scan and delete what it suggests.

I would then run a full scan of BTNetprotect and again delete/ quarantine  everything it suggests.

If after doing this you are still infected you should start your computer in "safe mode" and run both the scans again.

See link for Malwarebytes, use the free version

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Highlighted
Guru
Message 3 of 5

Absolutely agree with gg30340.

Just one point in case you are concerned about advice you will see in various places not to run two different antivirus packages. ...

Malwarebytes AntiMalware is not just an antivirus package, it is mainly aimed at removing various other malware.  Also, it does not run continuously as realtime protection, but is run on demand (or scheduled).  That means it can work quite happily in conjunction with standard antivirus packages (such as BTNetprotect, or more efficient ones such as free offerings from Avast or AVG)

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Thanks to you both.It has taken ages but I am hoping that I may have a solution.I used the malware and found about 12 items then I ran it again and found 2 items.Then suddenly windows defender woke up and found another and then one more today.Now -nothing. Funnily enough I ran malwarebytes only a week earlier and found nothing at all but I did not have my Bt net protect turned off(I did this time)

No attacks today at all so far.

Thank you so much.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

My advice and that of others on the forum would be to uninstall BTNetprotect. It can cause problems on some computers and is a resource hog. Do a search of the forum to see the problems. There are far better free antivirus programs available such as Avast Free and AVG Free.

If you do want to uninstall BTNetprotect use this guide and make sure you use the BTNetprotect/McAfee removal tool after you have restarted your computer.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13523

0 Ratings