cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Bt rfs date set, for about a few months ago >:(

So basically my elderly exchange which i get a measly 7mbps off had its rfs date set for 21CN and adsl2 (woohoo me though, good internet speeds for once!) it was set for:

BT have announced a ready for service date for this exchange. The estimated go live date is between 13th April 2012 and 31th May 2012.

So basically i probably think its not gona be done, as most people in my area are quite old and the exchange only serves 2000 people. My exchange is holymoorside btw, so who wants to vote will they finish it in 11 days? 

Who knows (im guessing ill probably be stuck on slowness for a while to come)

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Bt rfs date set, for about a few months ago >:(

My exchange with 1,270 residential premises, not sure how old it is, had a 21CN rfs date of 31st March.  I was upgraded on 24th April, although not to ADSL2+ according to the experts on here.  I am delighted to have a doubling of my speed from 1.2 to 2.4Mbps.   Many people in my village get ~100Kpbs and some can’t get broadband at all.  So at 7Mbps we would all be over the moon, can we all move to your exchange please !

Best regards,
dfenceman
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

if your exchange has a RFS date then it will be done there are delays sometimes but as it is on the list for upgrade there is no doubt it will be completed you will get an Email from BT when it is
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 5

Hi john46,

I never got any email from BT several BT contacts are still saying Kimbolton has not been upgraded.  I only know of one person who was advised of the upgrade and this was from his ISP, Zen.

Best regards,

dfenceman

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

the email would be sent to to your BT email address it may have even landed in the spam folder
0 Ratings