cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wytbr9
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Bt sport on broadband

My Bt vision box was recently swapped out for a youview box and I could then watch sports on channels 408 etc on my broadband. A couple of weeks ago it stopped working, sports channels were no longer listed and the youview box went from channel 256 to 600 with no sports channels in between.

I spent about an hour on the phone  to the helpdesk with no success and was told that it would only work with infinity (not available in my area). This was confirmed in an email. However if that is the case why did it work for a month or so and why does the Bt article http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45378/c/348,6602,6609  say it will work  on broadband.

I get a speed of about 16mbps.

My query is whether or not sports is available on broadband, Bt seem to be contradicting themselves.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Bt sport on broadband

BT Sport can be delivered over broadband (not only infinity)  ... Subject to minimum  broadband speed  ( yours seems t be well over that) , whether your exchange and cabinet that your line is connected to has been suitably equipped and enabled ( as you say you received it already that criteria seems to be satisfied) and BT policy on offering the service (I'e if Infinity is available and the customer decides not to take it , they may not offer it on an ADSL service).

Rather than reporting it as BT  Sport not working . I would suggest you contact BT customer options to confirm whether BT Sport is currently included on your BT TV package. IF not ask them to add it. 

did you haveBT Sport on your previous BT Vision box service?

0 Ratings
Sk1dmark
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

wytbr9, I feel for you mate, I really do.

When I started reading your email, I thought I had written it and forgotten I'd done it!

The issues your having mirror mine, After spending the first hour on the phone to India with no results, 'Jane' on the other end of the line sent me a different remote because she couldn't understand why I had the one I did. We spoke again three days later, after receiving the remote, and she still couldn't reset the box, so an engineer visit was booked. In the meantime I managed to do a factory reset myself, after checking online. (Lost all my recordings obviously). It still didn't solve my issues, not all my channels were there. Also I could not access any 'Settings' options. At the time I had a box similar to this one.

The engineer came, scratched his head a bit, and confirmed the box was faulty. He replaced it with this one.

Everything has been fine for a while, all channels are back, sport is good, etc...and now that to is playing up, freezing, rebooting etc., not happy.

I was with Virgin for 13 happy years when I lived in London, they only had to come out three times, and that was to give me a free replacement box each time. Now I've moved to the South West, I am stuck with this awful, over priced, over rated, rubbish service from BT.

Insist on an engineer visit and let them sort it out mate, good luck.

0 Ratings
Wytbr9
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Bt sports is included in my package. At the moment I am watching it via my wifes tablet and chromecast (my tablet has a too old version of android which is not compatible with the sport app, another change which happened a few months ago).

I wish I knew who to contact in Bt, I complained and got an email saying it was infinity only, I'm sure someone there could sort it if only I could get to them.

Thanks for confirming it will work on broadband.

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

If you were able to watch the BT Sport channels on your Youview box , then you should be able to watch them on the replacement Youview box. It is likely that BT adjusted your BT TV subscription details to reflect the move to a BT Yovuiew box. One possibility is that the BT Sport subscription on th BT TV was missed off st this stage.  You say you could initally watch it on the Youview box. This may be because BT allowed the previous BT Vision box service subscription  service to overlap the start of your Youview service.

0 Ratings