cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 11 of 31

Re: Bt terrible customer service

Ok so its not just me ! Here is the link to my ordeal...

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/BT-has-stolen-6-hours-of-my-life/td-p/1469253

Highlighted
Message 12 of 31

My sympathies for everyone out there - I finally gave up - just gave up - I have signed up with Sky & am letting them deal with it - stupidly thinking my problem was over! Fool! Naivety! ! Now BT are harrassing me for many hours a day. You see I told them I was leaving but you can't just leave and cancel your direct debit - the same direct debit BT are taking out money from for a Broadband Service they never supplied. The Direct Debit team keep calling me insisting I re-instate my debit. I am now in the world of calling BT again each day to get the Debit Team off my back. How clear can I make it - I've left! It's Over! It's Finished! I am no longer a BT Customer! But the calls go on from BT Debit Team (and now the emails) - I've spoken to MGT who insist they'll never call again -they give me reference numbers of closure\ apologies\ the normal rubbish of 'I will personally deal with this'  etc etc but the Direct Debit team keep calling. BT have even waived any cancellation fees due to their shocking service (I have ref numbers for this too) but you know what will be coming - final BT bills that I've been told have been cancelled will keep arriing - then court threats - then bad credit listing - I just know this is what will happen even though BT have cancelled all charges twice & I have the reference numbers. I will never get away & maybe one day in years time when BT do give up I will be so conditioned by then to talking to Customer Service for 2 hours a day I will need to go to an addiction clinic to be cured. There is no way out - there is no escape - be warned....

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 31

Email the CEO of BT, (get someone with internet to google it for you) you will get into the "executive complaints people" it's started things moving for us, let me know how it goes for you 🙂
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 31

@ Liam1

did you ever take up the forum mods offer of help if you have not then please take up their offer of help as the will get this resolved for you
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 31

post deleted by poster 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 16 of 31

I'm going to also cancel today.

They take longer to answer your call than they ever had and the intelligence level of people you get through to are an absolute joke.

Every single call seems to last a minimum of 30 minutes, regardless of the issue. Proper hard work. They are not going to be getting my money any more. Customer service is absolutley appalling. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 17 of 31

Looks like I am not the only one with issues with BT. Exactly the same issues I am having with a house move. I would understand if I had told them about it last minute but I requested the move at start of August. 

Utterly fed up with the shockingly bad service. I have lost count how many times they have promised to call back and how many different 'stories' I have been told. Still waiting for someone just to give me an answer as to when I can expect the service to be connected.  

Complaints department was was a waste of time.  They are unable to provide any information and don't seem that willing to help.

Highlighted
Message 18 of 31

Agree 100% with that post Liam1.  There is no other company that could survive with this level of service, without a monopoly situation.  We HAVE to do something about it.  I had everything you had - the Indian Call Centre staff, apart from being rude; largely unintelligible; incompetent and hard to hear, were also in my case disbelieving of my story, cut me off, put me on hold at random times in the conversation, lied to me, closed an order even though the Engineer had failed to show up, shouted to one another across my conversation, and one one occasion laughed at me.  Presumably all of this is recorded.  So...after nearly three hours on calls to them today, I still have no phone, no phone socket, no internet connection, someone else in my village is getting all my calls (how BT has managed that I have no idea), and the Engineer never did show up despite me receiving numerous texts and emails giving me the appointment time.  I still have all of these if anyone would like to see them.

I gave BT plenty of notice that I was moving, have now been without any service at all for nearly three weeks.  They did manage to take my last direct debit OK though.

The Engineer has now been re-booked for Thursday 24th September according to the latest text.  No email confirmation as yet. 

I will post again to let people know if anyone actually shows up this time.

Something has to change.

Highlighted
Message 19 of 31

Hi Did you actually cancel?  Tell me how you manage without a BT line and I will cancel in a heartbeat.

Chris

Highlighted
Expert
Message 20 of 31

I had a phone call last night about my contract wanted me to go onto fibre when I said no, he wanted to know why. When I informed him he got really snooty and that I was riling on other people thought than my own. So in the end I told him that I would ring up near the end of my contract, he went ok and that I would not get any more phone calls from them . Does BT do this to all their customers?