cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teeddy36
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 57

Bt vision 2 vs you view

I was very happy about you view coming out and hd tuner built in but after the last week or two with the idea that bt are bringing their own HD box would it be worth waiting for the spec on that?

I would have thought bt would have shown some details of it before you view boxes opens up vision customers to other packages on an open box ?
0 Ratings
56 REPLIES 56
ChrisC
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 57

Re: Bt vision 2 vs you view

The BT HD box will be their youview box so it's a choice between joining now on the Humax or wait for the BT box, the platform is open so you should get the same services on both. We don't know if the BT box will offer any exclusive services yet so it's a bit of a guessing game at the moment I'm afraid.
0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 57

Nope, there are 2 boxes upcoming. The BT HD box and the BT YouView box.
0 Ratings
ChrisC
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 57

Not to be difficult but would you mind posting your source? I posted in another thread yesterday that from what I've seen Freeview HD = YouView and the extra HD channels are coming via Infinity / multicast. Both have been announced in a variety of comments to the press. I've just joined the dots up a bit.
0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 57

There is no official source because the HD box is on trial at the moment and the users are under a NDA.
0 Ratings
teeddy36
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 57

If you read on here long enough you will see people have been testing a new vision box not a you view box.
Was saying if bt are going to launch this box now would be a good time to release specs.
0 Ratings
ChrisC
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 57

NDA's are darn awkward things  . 😉

0 Ratings
teeddy36
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 57

Thanks for the help Chris :)-
0 Ratings
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 57

Tee hee!

Now that was funny!

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 57

All the confusion about BT Vision 2 having HD tuners seems to come from masona2's posted article. However, I think that's just another journalist spouting opinion or gossip as fact to try and get a scoop. As the article states:

"The new box for BT Vision 2 is expected to upgrade the tuners to Freeview HD, although BT has not released further details on the hard disc capacity or other features."

This Which? review of BT Vision 2 states that it doesn't have Freeview HD.

0 Ratings