Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 57

Re: Bt vision 2 vs you view

@minusdot wrote:

All the confusion about BT Vision 2 having HD tuners seems to come from masona2's posted article. However, I think that's just another journalist spouting opinion or gossip as fact to try and get a scoop. As the article states:

"The new box for BT Vision 2 is expected to upgrade the tuners to Freeview HD, although BT has not released further details on the hard disc capacity or other features."

This Which? review of BT Vision 2 states that it doesn't have Freeview HD.

You have always doubted the veracity of most things I post on this forum.

Which is fine. Your entitled to your opinion. But what will be will be. And not long now...

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 57

@masona2 wrote:

@minusdot wrote:

All the confusion about BT Vision 2 having HD tuners seems to come from masona2's posted article. However, I think that's just another journalist spouting opinion or gossip as fact to try and get a scoop. As the article states:

"The new box for BT Vision 2 is expected to upgrade the tuners to Freeview HD, although BT has not released further details on the hard disc capacity or other features."

This Which? review of BT Vision 2 states that it doesn't have Freeview HD.

You have always doubted the veracity of most things I post on this forum.

Which is fine. Your entitled to your opinion. But what will be will be. And not long now...

Maybe. But you don't know. This is simply rumour. Perhaps people are testing it right now under NDA. But this "news" has really got people very confused as to whether YouView's worth it if there's a better Vision box coming. How likely do you think it is that BT's marketing department can't see that confusion as an obstacle to sales? I really don't think they'll be announcing a better BT Vision system anytime soon.

0 Ratings
teeddy36
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 57

The only thing I have taken from that "news " is calling it bt vision 2.
I have seen 3 different posts about people saying a little more than they should confirming a new box.

All I am saying is ( again ) bt would keep more people on vision if they at least released some info on it.

So have a go at me for bringing this up. Have a go at masona2 for naming it lol

0 Ratings
micaye
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 57

ChrisC "so it's a bit of a guessing game at the moment I'm afraid"

Therefore, it would be a wise man who waits and sees (Bt are not showing thier hand, why should I) !

Sounds like a game of poker the way they are "PLAYING".

"Do I stay or do I go" attidude," Do I pay or do I No"

£49 + £6+ delivery, Am I in or am I out "DEPENDING" on the present status of my contract.

Why does BT not be upfront with thier customers and be explicit in layman terms about "new vision box/Youview box and precisely what they are capable of doing as soon as the box is delivered to thier home with actual prices, which seem to change from the customer sales on the phone.

Me, Sitting tight, looking into alternatives, like poker, holding my hand close to my chest. Pity, real pity for the uninitiated who are slow in the uptake of the system.

Jim

ps. Toda:y I tended to a wee dog who had a broken pelvis, good news he is recovering.

0 Ratings
teeddy36
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 57

I have said it before and will say it again. A Xbox app for bt and all it's new stuff would be perfect for me but a better vision box ( that is around the corner) would be almost as good.

As bt are adding to their sports package every day for next year I think it is a good idea to stick around and see what they do next.

Ps a save a dog story always adds a smile 🙂
0 Ratings
ChrisC
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 57

There were old rumours of an XBox app in the early days of vision (Microsoft based product after all) They never quite hooked it up but with YouView vision becomes an app that plugs into another device. YouView's ambition was always to be across all devices, I can't see it happening soon but . . . .
0 Ratings
micaye
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 57

ChrisC.  Therefore, for me your advice would be appreciated: should I remain or move on to Youview box now or wait a good few months and see what develops through BT?

Jim

0 Ratings
teeddy36
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 57

You view is not the be all and end all it was ment to be.

We need bt ( not Chris ) to just give us a taste of what's to come.
That's why I started this post. I think the bt box will be better than you view in the long run.
0 Ratings
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 19 of 57

@micaye wrote:

ChrisC.  Therefore, for me your advice would be appreciated: should I remain or move on to Youview box now or wait a good few months and see what develops through BT?

Jim

Jim, calm down (pretty please).

Thats an unfair question because -

1. BT have not yet released the features and benefits of using a YouView box (and the possible downsides too).

And

2. BT Vision 2.0 hasn't even launched yet.

So if you want to compare the two (which would be sensible, imho), just wait until the two have been launched, then make a decision as to whats best for you.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 57

@teeddy36 wrote:
You view is not the be all and end all it was ment to be.

We need bt ( not Chris ) to just give us a taste of what's to come.
That's why I started this post. I think the bt box will be better than you view in the long run.

Interesting, teeddy,

I was thinking the opposite. That in the short term (say the next 12/18 months) the new BT Vision service will be better than the YouView service. But I expect YouView to eventually outstrip it. Indeed, in the very long term future, I would think BT to go solely the YouView box route, once the service is fully up and running. But that is just speculation on my part.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings