cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teeddy36
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 57

Re: Bt vision 2 vs you view

I would agree with you and would back you view if not for the vision box being tested.
Like I said you view opens bt customers to other tv packages so would hope bt looked to better it.
If they do go more to you view my Xbox app
Would also make sense so all for that 🙂
0 Ratings
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 22 of 57

@teeddy36 wrote:
I would agree with you and would back you view if not for the vision box being tested.
Like I said you view opens bt customers to other tv packages so would hope bt looked to better it.
If they do go more to you view my Xbox app
Would also make sense so all for that 🙂

I'll tell you what teeddy - to maximise revenue, I fully expect the new Vision Sports channel/s to be available not only on Sky and Virgin but on games consoles too.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
teeddy36
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 57

Fingers crossed but I like that idea 🙂
0 Ratings
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 24 of 57

@teeddy36 wrote:
Fingers crossed but I like that idea 🙂

It makes sense, really. To give people who are not on BT BB the option of accessing the said channel/s without having to change their main TV package. And to give BT more revenue too. So that would be a win/win scenario for both parties.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
teeddy36
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 57

Yes but as bt push for everyone to sign up for infinity to watch sky sports. I do not hold the hope they see the big picture.

The new box ( if they are working on it) does give me hope.

You do talk sense so lets hope bt think it too
0 Ratings
swedish_cook
Contributor
Message 26 of 57

I cannot see why BT would release a Vision 2 HD service in addition to Youview, and since now BT have started emailling people offering them Vision service on Youview, and the £10m advertising campaign is about to begin, I think you can take it that any non-Youview HD Vision box will never see the light of day.

0 Ratings
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 27 of 57

There's also a comparison of YouView and BT Vision 2 (the new look UI) on the Which? website:

http://blogs.which.co.uk/technology/tv-dvd/pvr-set-top-boxes/youview-vs-bt-vision-2-how-do-they-comp...

0 Ratings
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 28 of 57

Tut tut tut,

Oh ye of little faith. Did you not read this July interview with BT Visions Marc Watson? -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/jul/01/bt-vision-marc-watson-interview

"Lots of customers are happy to take calls and broadband but many, many want triple play, TV services as well," says Watson. "It is very important we play in this space. [The Premier League deal] should be seen as a statement of intent to protect and grow our retail business in the UK."

Watson also believes that the timing is right to launch the first new BT Vision set-top box since 2007, and add new pay-TV channels on the service from providers including UKTV and National Geographic. He is also looking forward to the imminent, if belated, arrival of YouView.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 29 of 57

There's no mention of BT Vision 2 in that article. They have released a new box with a larger HDD already that has 250 hours (i.e. a 500GB disk) rather than 80 hours (the 160GB disk). More "exciting" was the release of the linux based software - a much bigger step than just slapping in some DVB-T2 tuners. So if the new look isn't BT Vision 2, then what the heck is it?!

0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 30 of 57

Virgin have their own box and they also have the TIVO box. The Tivo is their premium product with all the whistles and bells. Their box is the basic one. I think this is what will happen with YouView. I know it doesn't now, but the YouView box 'should' have a lot more features in the coming months (years). This will become BT's Tivo.

Plus, it doesn't hurt not to put all of your eggs in 1 basket 🙂

0 Ratings